The Student Room Group

Lincoln A10L / A18L (Nottingham at Lincoln) 2020 Offer Holders

Note: This is a University of Nottingham at University of Lincoln Degree, rather than a University of Lincoln standalone degree.

Welcome to the University of Lincoln A10L / A18L 2020 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/mdcmdcub/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

bump
:bump:
Does anyone currently attend the A10L OR A18L course (Medicine at Lincoln) right now?
If so how is it like? What do you think of the school's teaching & facilities?
Hi @paulkisho,

I am not a medical student but I am a third year student at the University of Lincoln. This year is the first year that the course has run at Lincoln so it is very new, which is perhaps why there has been a limited response to this thread. The University is in the process of building a brand new purpose-built medical building, which is very exciting (expected in 2021). The medical school is being taught by a combination of experienced staff from both the University of Nottingham and the University of Lincoln.

Although, I can not speak for medicine, the staff on my course have been great. Since, Lincoln is a fairly small University there is a real community feel. All of our lecturers seem to know us on an individual basis and go out of their way to provide extra support. I have really enjoyed my three years here, the city of Lincoln has also been a big positive. Whilst, the campus is very modern, the city on the other hand has a lot of history to it. At the top of the hill we have a fantastic cathedral and castle. There are also lots of sports and societies to get involved in which is a great way to make friends and have a break from studying. You can see a full list of our sports and societies here.

To find out a little more about the Lincoln Medical School please click here. If you have any questions about the city or the University in general please ask. Good luck in making your decision on where to study.

Jack :smile:
is anyone going to offer holder day?
Original post by AishnaMithu

Yes :smile:
Original post by ssheikh05

when?
i booked mine on the 21/03:smile:
when?
i booked mine on the 21/03:smile:

I live in Lincoln and have done all my life so if anyone has any questions about the city/night life feel free to ask :smile:
Who is going to the offer holder days on the 14th ?
Hello people! I’m off to Lincoln- firming it! I’m on the offer day on the 21/03. Who else is firming?!
Reply 11
Original post by larajadebear
Hello people! I’m off to Lincoln- firming it! I’m on the offer day on the 21/03. Who else is firming?!

I will, did you get an email for the offer holder day?
Original post by nhh7
I will, did you get an email for the offer holder day?

I got an email to book it but I never received a confirmation. I need to look into it nearer the time,
Original post by larajadebear

Congrats and thank you for putting Lincoln as your firm choice! Hope you have a great day at the offer holder day!

Best wishes,
Lexy
4th year Lincoln MSc microbiology student
Anyone going to the Offer Holder Day either tomorrow or 21st March?
Idk if I should risk travelling to Lincoln and interacting with lots of strangers and being in a risky environment especially when Lincolnshire has had it's 2nd confirmed coronavirus case and has restrictions in GPs and stuff there?
Original post by paulkisho
Idk if I should risk travelling to Lincoln and interacting with lots of strangers and being in a risky environment especially when Lincolnshire has had it's 2nd confirmed coronavirus case and has restrictions in GPs and stuff there?

I’m going.
Original post by paulkisho

I’m still planning on going tomorrow, they did send a text saying that the day is still on but I’m only going because I need to see the accommodation before I book mine
I’m still planning on going tomorrow, they did send a text saying that the day is still on but I’m only going because I need to see the accommodation before I book mine

To be serious for a moment, it would be worthwhile attending tomorrow. The University has assessed the risk and feels that it is safe to go ahead. Remember that you will get the chance to hear more about the programmes and spend some time with the current students, your potential course mates and the staff, and get a feel for whether our learning environment would suit you.
I'm going to the offer holder day on the 21st!
Does anyone feel even more anxious now that the government has announced they are using mock grades and other assessments to determine A Level Grades?🙄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending