The Student Room Group

Dyson Institute 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Has anyone had their interview yet?
Reply 21
I have my interview tomorrow morning, I don't know what it will be on so I've just gone over everything I can think of. Good luck to everyone!
Reply 22
Original post by deweyd
I have my interview tomorrow morning, I don't know what it will be on so I've just gone over everything I can think of. Good luck to everyone!

Good luck, my sister is next week. Let us know how it goes
Reply 23
Original post by n0elle
Has anyone had their interview yet?

I had my interview yesterday. I think it went okay but there’s no knowing with these things! Has anyone else had theirs and how did it go?
Reply 24
Original post by dtodd01
I had my interview yesterday. I think it went okay but there’s no knowing with these things! Has anyone else had theirs and how did it go?

Yep had my interview this morning, I thought it went alright as well but as you said really hard to tell...
Reply 25
My sister said hers was long....
Reply 26
It is hard to tell if it went well or not, and yeah it felt really long. Some of the questions they asked did stump me a bit aswell, but for the most part it did feel like they were trying to teach me more than asking me questions. Well we should find out before Friday anyways. Message if you get a response pls!!
i had my interview last tuesday, lasted about an hour and a half. it was nice and she made me feel really comfortabel, but i’m worried i came off a bit nervous and i thought of things i could have said better...only thing to do now is to wait and see : )
also i’m studying physics maths and spanish, and my other place is to do mechanical engineering at uni of nottingham next year.
Reply 28
Well I'm assuming no one else has heard back yet either, but I don't know if we will anytime soon. I doubt that assessment days will be going ahead with all this Coronavirus uncertainty. Also since exams are now cancelled I wonder what they'll do about offers. They might have to do another telephone/ Skype based interview to narrow down the applicants. Who knows, scary stuff going on.
Reply 29
Wow hour and a half is a long time.. sister said hers was about 70 minutes. I guess you guys will maybe have skype interviews or maybe they’ll just let you know whether you have moved to the next stage(or not) and just wait till things are normal again
Original post by domiboggy
Well I'm assuming no one else has heard back yet either, but I don't know if we will anytime soon. I doubt that assessment days will be going ahead with all this Coronavirus uncertainty. Also since exams are now cancelled I wonder what they'll do about offers. They might have to do another telephone/ Skype based interview to narrow down the applicants. Who knows, scary stuff going on.

I heard back today, I’ve gotten to the last stage, but the assessment day thing will be postponed until notice next week. Good luck to everyone else!
Original post by marykateflynn12
I heard back today, I’ve gotten to the last stage, but the assessment day thing will be postponed until notice next week. Good luck to everyone else!

I just got my email too, I got through as well! so pleased I didn't think I'd done very well. good luck everyone : )
Reply 32
Sister did too
Original post by Lucy._.R
I just got my email too, I got through as well! so pleased I didn't think I'd done very well. good luck everyone : )

Omg, well done! Maybe, I'll see you at the Applicant Day, if it goes ahead :smile:
Original post by marykateflynn12
Omg, well done! Maybe, I'll see you at the Applicant Day, if it goes ahead :smile:

yeah, congratulations to you too!! x
Reply 35

Yeahhhhhh, just got my email too telling me I'm through. I do hope that there will be an assessment day though. Really don't like Skype interviews.
Reply 36

I got through to the next stage too! Now we just wait and see what it entails...
Original post by domiboggy
Yeahhhhhh, just got my email too telling me I'm through. I do hope that there will be an assessment day though. Really don't like Skype interviews.

Yeah I just got my email too, I’m through to the next stage too! Wonder what will happen with the Assessment day.
Reply 38
Has anyone heard from dyson re not holding the assessment day in the original window? They said in the next week but it has been the best part of one. I guess they've just got a lot more important issues at the moment but just checking in case i've missed it.
Original post by n0elle
Has anyone heard from dyson re not holding the assessment day in the original window? They said in the next week but it has been the best part of one. I guess they've just got a lot more important issues at the moment but just checking in case i've missed it.

I haven't heard from them either, but I think it's understandable given how dynamic the situation is right now...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending