The Student Room Group

EPQ

Im doing my EPQ and it due on 3rd April. I am currently on 3.8k words. Is that enough words? I can get it up to 4.2k
My dissertation is on Racism in football
What examboard are you doing it on?
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
What examboard are you doing it on?

AQA i think
"All project products must include a written report. The exact length of each written report will depend on the nature of the project, the subject area or topic chosen and the other evidence provided. A project product which consists solely of a research-based written report should be approximately 5000 words, for example, a research report of a scientific investigation, exploration of a hypothesis or an extended essay or academic report in an appropriate form. Where the chosen product is an artefact there must also be a research-based written report of approximately 1000 words. In order to appropriately evidence an artefact students may include photographs of each stage of development as well as the final product. It is not necessary to include large artefacts themselves as evidence, photographs or other media will suffice."
Reply 4
"All project products must include a written report. The exact length of each written report will depend on the nature of the project, the subject area or topic chosen and the other evidence provided. A project product which consists solely of a research-based written report should be approximately 5000 words, for example, a research report of a scientific investigation, exploration of a hypothesis or an extended essay or academic report in an appropriate form. Where the chosen product is an artefact there must also be a research-based written report of approximately 1000 words. In order to appropriately evidence an artefact students may include photographs of each stage of development as well as the final product. It is not necessary to include large artefacts themselves as evidence, photographs or other media will suffice."

You think 4.2k words will be enough?
Reply 5
Original post by Daz2310

I am also doing aqa epq. Writing 4200 words will not be enough to gain the grade you want. It's better to write 5000 words and more than less. Hope this helps
Original post by Daz2310
Im doing my EPQ and it due on 3rd April. I am currently on 3.8k words. Is that enough words? I can get it up to 4.2k
My dissertation is on Racism in football

Need to get to get it as near as 5000 as you can .. I think it’s give or take 200 words
Reply 7
Original post by gilliewolf
Need to get to get it as near as 5000 as you can .. I think it’s give or take 200 words

If i was to aim for a grade B do you still think 4.2k is too low cos my teacher said theres no word count, 5000 is just advisory but im not too sure
Original post by Daz2310

I would suggest getting it to more closer to 5000 words tbh
Reply 9
I would suggest getting it to more closer to 5000 words tbh

Imma push for 4.7k. That should be good enough as I dont want to waffle
Original post by Daz2310
Imma push for 4.7k. That should be good enough as I dont want to waffle

I think that would be good enough tbh
Original post by Daz2310
If i was to aim for a grade B do you still think 4.2k is too low cos my teacher said theres no word count, 5000 is just advisory but im not too sure

no no no 5000 is the word count .. trust me you want higher than a B.. tbf if you don’t get an A in reality there was no point doing one
Reply 12
Original post by gilliewolf
no no no 5000 is the word count .. trust me you want higher than a B.. tbf if you don’t get an A in reality there was no point doing one

True, I've just realised im doing edexcel not AQA so you think they will be as strict on the 5000 words?
Original post by Daz2310
True, I've just realised im doing edexcel not AQA so you think they will be as strict on the 5000 words?

Yeah they will be .. if you are under try to be only 200 under or something
Our teachers were v strict on it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending