The Student Room Group

Need some advice on how to finance my degree

Hi,

I will be starting the BSc Economics course offered at Exeter in September 2020. As I am only eligible for funding from student finance after June 2021, is it possible for me to apply for this funding in the second year of the course? From what I've heard, you apply for student finance in the 1st year and then keep reapplying in the subsequent academic years. Any help is welcome!
Original post by Ananye Punetha
Hi,

I will be starting the BSc Economics course offered at Exeter in September 2020. As I am only eligible for funding from student finance after June 2021, is it possible for me to apply for this funding in the second year of the course? From what I've heard, you apply for student finance in the 1st year and then keep reapplying in the subsequent academic years. Any help is welcome!

You need to explain why you are not eligible for funding now and why you believe you will be in 2021.
Are you a UK or EU citizen?
In most cases I would wait till 2021 before starting.
Are you talking about fees or fees and maintenance.
Original post by 999tigger
You need to explain why you are not eligible for funding now and why you believe you will be in 2021.
Are you a UK or EU citizen?
In most cases I would wait till 2021 before starting.
Are you talking about fees or fees and maintenance.

I'm a UK citizen but since I haven't been in the country for the last 3 years, I won't be considered a home student. I was referring to both tuition fees and maintenance costs, and from what I know student finance provides funding for both these things.
Original post by Ananye Punetha
I'm a UK citizen but since I haven't been in the country for the last 3 years, I won't be considered a home student. I was referring to both tuition fees and maintenance costs, and from what I know student finance provides funding for both these things.

The sensible thing to do would be to wait till you are eligible i.e wait till 2021.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending