The Student Room Group

Documentaries about tudors/nazis/usa civil rights?

I'm going into year 12 this September and obviously I have quite a long time at home until then, due to this whole coronavirus fiasco!

As such, I am trying to get ahead a bit on my A Levels to keep my brain active during this time, one of which is History.

I'll be doing AQA, and my modules will be 1C (The Tudors: England, 1485-1603) and 2O (Democracy and Nazism: Germany, 1918-1945), and coursework about the USA Civil Rights movement.

I didn't do GCSE History so i don't know a whole lot about any of these.

So can anyone please recommend some good documentaries about the Tudors, Nazis or the civil rights movement to help me? :smile: thanks
It’s fine my class all did gcse history and we are studying the same topics with no knowledge so you’ll be fine. I’m actually doing those topics and I’m in year 12 and I’ll be happy to help with any more resources you want. Please tag me later so I can send you some documentaries when I dig up my history folders :h: I also suggest watching YouTube videos that go over that time period so you have a overview of what’s happened.
Here are some of the things you could watch:
Germany:
The War without end (Episode 10)
Dying For Hitler
Opposition to Hitler BB2
Downfall
The Relief of Belsen
Hitler's rise: the colour films
Heil Hitler: Confessions of a Nazi Youth
The Nazis - A Warning From History
Schindler's List
Inside Hitler's killing Machines
Auschwitz - The Nazis and the Final Solution
Hitler: The Rise of Evil
The Peacemakers BBC

Tudors:
The Six Wives of Henry VIII
A History of Britan
Reply 3
Original post by PetitePanda
Here are some of the things you could watch:
Germany:
The War without end (Episode 10)
Dying For Hitler
Opposition to Hitler BB2
Downfall
The Relief of Belsen
Hitler's rise: the colour films
Heil Hitler: Confessions of a Nazi Youth
The Nazis - A Warning From History
Schindler's List
Inside Hitler's killing Machines
Auschwitz - The Nazis and the Final Solution
Hitler: The Rise of Evil
The Peacemakers BBC

Tudors:
The Six Wives of Henry VIII
A History of Britan

thanks so much, that's really helpful! :smile:
Lucy Worsley did a 3 episode documentary called Six Wives and is quite an interesting watch and I found that it was helpful as sometimes it can be hard to watch a history documentary due to the monotony of the presenter, however Worsley kept me engrossed. You can find it online by simply typing Lucy Worsley Six Wives and it will appear on daily motion. On Channel 4 they also currently have David Starkey's documentary, the Six Wive of Henry VIII.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending