The Student Room Group

Which University

I am planning on studying medicine post graduate either in the UK or US (hopefully US), I have to choose between three courses:
-Applied Medical Science (UCL)
-Biochemistry and Medicinal Chemistry (Keele)
-Medical Sciences 2 Years (Central Lancashire)
I was wondering whether any course was preferable for studying medicine later on, if any of the unis offer more support in doing medicine is the US and does what uni I pick matter or will they be more interested in my degree?

Thank you!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am planning on studying medicine post graduate either in the UK or US (hopefully US), I have to choose between three courses:
I was wondering whether any course was preferable for studying medicine later on, if any of the unis offer more support in doing medicine is the US and does what uni I pick matter or will they be more interested in my degree?

Thank you!!
Reply 2
I was wondering whether any course was preferable for studying medicine later on, if any of the unis offer more support in doing medicine is the US and does what uni I pick matter or will they be more interested in my degree? Also, if any of the unis offer extra curricular activities that could help strengthen my application.
Go for Keele
Reply 4
Can I ask why? Sorry to be picky, I’m just really stressed
Original post by Lau2en _
Can I ask why? Sorry to be picky, I’m just really stressed

The course at Keele is more dynamic and has multiple avenues to learn more. I always go for learning options which seem unlimited
Reply 6
Thank you, will this course be okay to do post graduate medicine, even if its not in the US
Thank you, will this course be okay to do post graduate medicine, even if its not in the US

Yeah sure. Let me know if you need any assistance or help. All the best
Reply 8
Thank you!!!
Reply 9
I want to study medicine as a graduate and I don’t know what to choose between Keele and UCL.
Keele-Biochemistry and Medicinal Chemistry
UCL-Applied Medical Science
Is there anything that would give me an advantage to study post graduate medicine as well?
Hi @Lau2en!

It's great that you're considering Keele! I'm an English student there myself but I've heard only good things about the medical school and believe that it has a very good reputation.

However, if you wanted to speak directly to one of our medical students, we have a few of them available to chat with on UniBuddy - they'll be able to tell you what studying medicine at Keele is like and give you an idea of the support they receive, the sort of teaching and training they undergo etc. You can find our students at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/?ub_medium=product&ub_source=University+Popcard&ub_campaign&ub_content

And if you have any questions about the university in general, then let me know and I'd be happy to help!

Hope that helps!

Amy :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Keele University
Hi @Lau2en!

It's great that you're considering Keele! I'm an English student there myself but I've heard only good things about the medical school and believe that it has a very good reputation.

However, if you wanted to speak directly to one of our medical students, we have a few of them available to chat with on UniBuddy - they'll be able to tell you what studying medicine at Keele is like and give you an idea of the support they receive, the sort of teaching and training they undergo etc. You can find our students at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/?ub_medium=product&ub_source=University+Popcard&ub_campaign&ub_content

And if you have any questions about the university in general, then let me know and I'd be happy to help!

Hope that helps!

Thanks for this
Original post by JayTutor01
Thanks for this

No problem! I'm sure our buddies will be happy to have a chat about their experience at Keele to give you an idea of the place and the course! And feel free to ask any questions about the university itself here and I'll do my best to help as well!

Reply 13
Thank you!!
I want to study medicine as a graduate and I don’t know what to choose between Keele and UCL.
Keele-Biochemistry and Medicinal Chemistry
UCL-Applied Medical Science
Is there anything that would give me an advantage to study post graduate medicine as well?

Are you seriously asking me UCL and Keele? Go for UCL mate.

Be grateful you have an offer.
Reply 15
I know UCL is very respected but like what are the advantages and disadvantages of both?
I know UCL is very respected but like what are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

UCL:

Advantages: Good uni, top uni, good jobs, good salary after graduation, respected uni,

disadvantages: lots of work, stressful, expensive

Keele: (I did get an unconditional from them which I rejected last year btw)

Advantages: Less stressful, cheaper

Disadvantages: I never heard of Keele before they called me on results day wanting me to attend their uni.
Reply 17
Thank you, I want to study post graduate medicine though and surely it’s the degree that matters more than the uni?
Thank you, I want to study post graduate medicine though and surely it’s the degree that matters more than the uni?

Uni does matter a lot. But if you wanna go Keele then by all means please do. No one is stopping you.
Reply 19
I’m just confused, everyone’s staying different things

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending