The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrXtra
IMO...
Best- Oxbridge, Durham, Manchester, UCL, LSE and Warwick.
Worst- Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds and Sheffield.

Don’t mean to trigger anyone. What’s your opinion?

where's cambridge?
Original post by perplexed turtle
where's cambridge?

'oxbridge'...
I am triggered.
Original post by MrXtra
IMO...
Best- Oxbridge, Durham, Manchester, UCL, LSE and Warwick.
Worst- Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds and Sheffield.

Don’t mean to trigger anyone. What’s your opinion?

Might be more meaningful if you stated what makes one ‘best’, and another, ‘worst’?
Reply 5
Durham is the worst in my opinion. UCL is the best.
“Best” Unis are Oxbridge, UCL, LSE, Imperial and Kings.

“Worst” Unis are Queen Univesity Belfast, Sheffield and Queen Mary.

Note that classifying unis like this is quite questionable as to what is best and worst is highly subjective. But generally speaking if we use entry criteria and REF ratings then most people who are knowledgeable would come up with these or very similar choices.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Reality Check
'oxbridge'...

oh, my bad :rolleyes: didn't read properly
Original post by perplexed turtle
oh, my bad :rolleyes: didn't read properly

No problem :smile:
Reply 9
What do you guys think of Leeds being in the worst section?
Original post by NDCZ
Durham is the worst in my opinion. UCL is the best.

Why’s Durham the worst? It’s not that bad lol
Original post by MrXtra
What do you guys think of Leeds being in the worst section?

It's almost as if you deliberately made this thread just to trigger people...
But to answer your question, I don't agree that Leeds is one of the 'worst' Russell group. In my opinion, a Russell group is still a Russel group. I don't believe it's fair to categorize it into 'best' and 'worst.' Yes there are some Russell group which makes you question its sole existence, but it's still a university that's very research intensive.
won't it depend on the subject?

But apparently i am at a WORSE Uni so i would say that.

(but it was the best I could apply for based on location (wanting london) and course - 2 year graduate LLB)
aren't Glasgow , Edinburgh, Cardiff and Queen's university Belfast also Russell Group universities ??
Why are you focusing on the Russell Group for this?
Original post by stereotypeasian
aren't Glasgow , Edinburgh, Cardiff and Queen's university Belfast also Russell Group universities ??

yes they are. I believe the question was though which are the best and which are the worst Russell Group universities?
(edited 3 years ago)
London ones are overrated, change my mind.

Oxbridge also overrated, but still worthy of the top spots imo.
Original post by Anonymous
London ones are overrated, change my mind.

Oxbridge also overrated, but still worthy of the top spots imo.

I completely disagree. Oxbridge and most colleges of the university of London (UoL) scored very highly in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF), formerly known as Research Assessment Exercise (RAE). Mind you the REF is the official rating the UK government uses to allocate research funding.

So in short Oxbridge and most of the colleges of the university of London are not overrated at all. They are top universities which perform cutting edge research.
Original post by ppapanastasiou
yes they are. I believe the question was though which are the best and which are the worst Russell Group universities?

I know, I can read English like the rest of the people on this website
didn't know England represented the UK (UNITED kingdom) :confused:
in the grand scheme of things, people seem to forget these by looking at the responses to the thread
Original post by stereotypeasian
I know, I can read English like the rest of the people on this website
didn't know England represented the UK (UNITED kingdom) :confused:
in the grand scheme of things, people seem to forget these by looking at the responses to the thread

Forgive me but I don't seem to understand, maybe it has to do with the fact that English is not my native language.

I am aware that England does not represent the UK, I just don't understand why are you writing this to me?

Latest

Trending

Trending