The Student Room Group

Boris Johnson's gone rogue

Whatever happened to him being "cautious", putting "health of people first", and not easing the lockdown too soon to avoid a second peak? Yet he's basically told everyone to go back to work.....i know its only certain industries but tubes are already busier, how can people avoid public transport when 80% of journeys are made on it? Is the government now just prioritisng the economy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You have a problem.

You don't need to start yet another thread asking essentially the same question.

Do yourself a favour and turn off the internet for a few hours. You'll feel better.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
You have a problem.

You don't need yet another thread asking essentially the same question.

Do yourself a favour and turn off the internet for a few hours. You'll feel better.

There are plenty of people on TSR who need to go get themselves sectioned for the remainder of the lockdown.
Original post by Hmmm7
Lol he’s a shet PM what did you expect I’m not surprised tbh 😂 mans a walking orange defendant of trump, loads of people will remain in their homes but then there are people who are gonna be out there smh I feel like he tried to get rid of half of the population so he reinforced lockdown later than he should have and now he’s saying “no more lockdown” lowkey feels like another way to get rid of us, just because lockdowns over doesn’t mean the pandemic is, it just means the hospitals will have a bed available for you 🤷*♀️

Lockdown isn't over you moron.
Reply 4
Original post by Hmmm7
Lol he’s a shet PM what did you expect I’m not surprised tbh 😂 mans a walking orange defendant of trump, loads of people will remain in their homes but then there are people who are gonna be out there smh I feel like he tried to get rid of half of the population so he reinforced lockdown later than he should have and now he’s saying “no more lockdown” lowkey feels like another way to get rid of us, just because lockdowns over doesn’t mean the pandemic is, it just means the hospitals will have a bed available for you 🤷*♀️

If you're that thick then please feel free to think lockdown is over.
A1A25B22-24EA-4C3B-BDC5-ACFB918CD9B5.jpg.jpeg
Stop it
Get some help
People care
I don’t, but people
Reply 6
Original post by Drewski
If you're that thick then please feel free to think lockdown is over.

Well if you could read and see I didn’t say I think lockdown is over did you not understand “no more lockdown” with the speech marks I’m just saying the way he said it gives some ppl out there the idea that it is as if there isn’t ppl already going out so chill
He hasn’t. The advise Is to still work from home if you can, if you cannot then you should return to work in a safe environment. Not saying I agree with the move entirely but to say lockdown has ended is inaccurate, Moroever I felt sky calling their programme “lifting the lockdown” to be incredibly irresponsible
Original post by Andrew97
He hasn’t. The advise Is to still work from home if you can, if you cannot then you should return to work in a safe environment. Not saying I agree with the move entirely but to say lockdown has ended is inaccurate, Moroever I felt sky calling their programme “lifting the lockdown” to be incredibly irresponsible

I'm not saying lockdown has ended, but this is far from "modest" changes. Basically, half of the rules police were enforcing yesterday such as stopping people going to beaches, driving long distances etc are now void. Tube passengers up by 10%. We're still getting 3-5k new infections a day. That's too high
Original post by Ferrograd
I'm not saying lockdown has ended, but this is far from "modest" changes. Basically, half of the rules police were enforcing yesterday such as stopping people going to beaches, driving long distances etc are now void. Tube passengers up by 10%. We're still getting 3-5k new infections a day. That's too high

These are not modest, these are ones not properly thought through. Can you imagine reception and year 1 children maintaining social distancing and washing hands regularly? Year 6 probably, maybe year 4 or 5, and year 10 and 12 would do so and it be better they start back in June.

Half might be a bit much, the most important aspect is social distancing rather than the amount of time we spend out. To be clear, beaches should not be used. That be barmy. But I don’t think me going out for a walk, alone- 2-3 times a day (changing my route to avoid others) is muxh riskier than only going out onc
Original post by barnetlad
These are not modest, these are ones not properly thought through. Can you imagine reception and year 1 children maintaining social distancing and washing hands regularly? Year 6 probably, maybe year 4 or 5, and year 10 and 12 would do so and it be better they start back in June.

They're starting in june, i'm talking about the immedieate changes.

It's clear what their priorities are now: economy. Why are people allowed to go back to work, yet not see their families?

It seems to me Professor Fergurson was made to resign not because of his sexual relations with a woman in lockdown, but rather he was advising the government against easing restrictions etc. Getting rid of him means that they can now ease the lockdown.
Half might be a bit much, the most important aspect is social distancing rather than the amount of time we spend out. To be clear, beaches should not be used. That be barmy. But I don’t think me going out for a walk, alone- 2-3 times a day (changing my route to avoid others) is muxh riskier than only going out onc

Raab said this morning people could travel "as far as they wanted" to places they were fond of provided they maintained social distancing.
They're starting in june, i'm talking about the immedieate changes.

It's clear what their priorities are now: economy. Why are people allowed to go back to work, yet not see their families?

It seems to me Professor Fergurson was made to resign not because of his sexual relations with a woman in lockdown, but rather he was advising the government against easing restrictions etc. Getting rid of him means that they can now ease the lockdown.

Given that Robert Jenrick was not asked to resign, you may be correct.
Raab said this morning people could travel "as far as they wanted" to places they were fond of provided they maintained social distancing.

Where did he say this?

As I say as long as SD is maintained it shouldn’t be a major issue, although I do see how it can spiral.

I’m more worried about transport workers tbh.
Original post by barnetlad
Given that Robert Jenrick was not asked to resign, you may be correct.

I beleive Jenrick (named Robert Generic by colleagues) was delivering food and other essential supplies to his parents wasn’t he? This falls within the guidelines and helping relatives should be encouraged, even if the distance was a bit large if that case
Where did he say this?

As I say as long as SD is maintained it shouldn’t be a major issue, although I do see how it can spiral.

I’m more worried about transport workers tbh.

"People will also be allowed to take unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise, sit or sunbathe in parks, drive to other destinations to exercise and play sports with household members from Wednesday." - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52612449
I beleive Jenrick (named Robert Generic by colleagues) was delivering food and other essential supplies to his parents wasn’t he? This falls within the guidelines and helping relatives should be encouraged, even if the distance was a bit large if that case

Still, it's far too coincidental in my view and I'm surprised I'm the only one who has picked up on it.
Still, it's far too coincidental in my view and I'm surprised I'm the only one who has picked up on it.

Do as I say, not as I do. Sends a great message to a country which is already in a mess.
Original post by TigerRoll
Do as I say, not as I do. Sends a great message to a country which is already in a mess.

? what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending