The Student Room Group

UCAS - submitted my application but my referee forgot my predicted grades

Hi, I just submitted my application but my referee only put in one predicted grade. does any one know how to change this or if it can be changed as I've already submitted my form.

Will the university still offer me a spot if I only have one predicted grade?
Original post by ghosty080
Hi, I just submitted my application but my referee only put in one predicted grade. does any one know how to change this or if it can be changed as I've already submitted my form.

Will the university still offer me a spot if I only have one predicted grade?

There is a list of changes which can and can't be made (by yourself and by UCAS) here. It says:

"We cannot add, remove, or change predicted grades. You will need to discuss this with your chosen universities and colleges."

I'd have thought the best thing to do would be to contact each of them (by phone would be best), point out the issue, and ask how they'd prefer to receive the missing predicted grades. In all likelihood, they'll ask your referee to email them. (When your referee does, they'll need to ensure they include your UCAS personal id so the university can easily link it to you.)
Ideally I would ask your referee to contact your universities directly themselves and apologise for their mistake.
This happened to me, and I contacted my universities and they told me they wouldn’t consider me without the predicted grades, so I had to phone ucas and get the reference restarted in order to add the predicted grades again, or your supervisor could individually email each uni the predicted grades I believe
Original post by Itsuaboiiij
This happened to me, and I contacted my universities and they told me they wouldn’t consider me without the predicted grades, so I had to phone ucas and get the reference restarted in order to add the predicted grades again, or your supervisor could individually email each uni the predicted grades I believe

UCAS can’t reset a reference on an application that’s been submitted. That’s only an option before an application has been sent to UCAS.
Original post by PQ

UCAS can’t reset a reference on an application that’s been submitted. That’s only an option before an application has been sent to UCAS.

My application was submitted prior to the deadline when I got my reference reseted, I phone the office myself and she reseted the page after I had submitted it as I wasn’t aware predicted grades weren’t inputted until the universities contacted me, after which my page was reseted and my referee resubmitted the reference
My application was submitted prior to the deadline when I got my reference reseted, I phone the office myself and she reseted the page after I had submitted it as I wasn’t aware predicted grades weren’t inputted until the universities contacted me, after which my page was reseted and my referee resubmitted the reference

I have never known UCAS to do that in over 20 years dealing with them as university staff. Amending the reference after an application has been sent to universities is incredibly complex on their systems (and on ours).
Original post by PQ

I have never known UCAS to do that in over 20 years dealing with them as university staff. Amending the reference after an application has been sent to universities is incredibly complex on their systems (and on ours).

Apologies, you are correct, I just checked this was prior to submission, I have no idea why i was thinking I had submitted it, I was able to get my reference resubmitted before the deadline. Apologies again 🙃
Apologies, you are correct, I just checked this was prior to submission, I have no idea why i was thinking I had submitted it, I was able to get my reference resubmitted before the deadline. Apologies again 🙃

Thanks for checking!
It wouldn’t surprise me to find someone at UCAS had gone rogue and done something like this but it would be incredibly rare!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending