The Student Room Group

Cyberstart Summer 2020

Hey, I thought I'd start a thread for everyone doing Cyberstart over the summer so we can help each other out.
If anyone has any hints for L6 C2 and onwards please help!!!!
I've done everything up to there, and I'm happy to help people out if they're stuck :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I'm stuck of L4 C12 any ideas on how i should go about it?
Try right click

Original post by stag16
Hi! I'm stuck of L4 C12 any ideas on how i should go about it?

Try right-clicking and going to inspect, it should let you change the code so it's no longer disabled :smile:
I'm stuck on HQ base L3 C10, also on L4 C2 I've logged in correctly, but there are no files for me to view. Any help?
Reply 4
Original post by TashHounslow
Try right click

Try right-clicking and going to inspect, it should let you change the code so it's no longer disabled :smile:

Got it! Thank you!
Reply 5
Original post by Frank1009
I'm stuck on HQ base L3 C10, also on L4 C2 I've logged in correctly, but there are no files for me to view. Any help?

For l3 c10, you need to list the files and then run the file that comes up (the commands are in the field manual)
I'm stuck on Base 1 L4 C2, 4, 5, 9 and 11 if anyone can help with any of them it'd be greatly appreciated
Original post by elxnnah
I'm stuck on Base 1 L4 C2, 4, 5, 9 and 11 if anyone can help with any of them it'd be greatly appreciated

For L4 C2, to log onto an ssh server, the command is
ssh username@ipadress
and then you need to give a password.
If you're having trouble finding the file. Then try using
ls -a
To show hidden files :smile:
Original post by TashHounslow
For L4 C2, to log onto an ssh server, the command is
ssh username@ipadress
and then you need to give a password.
If you're having trouble finding the file. Then try using
ls -a
To show hidden files :smile:

ah thank you so much! I've never used Linux before so I'm not too great with the commands :smile:
Anyone done level 7 challenge 1? I've changed the python script but using 'Cola' just isn't working.
Hi guys, has anyone done HQ Level 2 challenge 1? I've tried all the commands I know (ls, ls-a, grep etc) but it's turning up nothing. Any ideas?
Original post by 17rleach
Hi guys, has anyone done HQ Level 2 challenge 1? I've tried all the commands I know (ls, ls-a, grep etc) but it's turning up nothing. Any ideas?

Try typing whoami :smile:
Hi guys, I'm stuck on Lvl3, Ch11. Could someone give me a hint as to what my first steps should be?
Sure - refresh the page and you'll notice something about the numbers. Keep doing this (it takes) a while and you will find the flag :smile:

Hi guys, I'm stuck on Lvl3, Ch11. Could someone give me a hint as to what my first steps should be?
Original post by cyberstudent99
Sure - refresh the page and you'll notice something about the numbers. Keep doing this (it takes) a while and you will find the flag :smile:

I have tried this upwards of ten times and I'm struggling to see a link between the numbers, as they are not appearing sequential, squares, primes or triangular numbers. I'll keep trying for now, thanks though :smile:

Oh! So I just had to keep refreshing? Thanks for your help!
(edited 3 years ago)
I have tried this upwards of ten times and I'm struggling to see a link between the numbers, as they are not appearing sequential, squares, primes or triangular numbers. I'll keep trying for now, thanks though :smile:

have you done l3 c9???

I'm really stuck and can't seem to work out what i need to do ??
Original post by cyberstudent99
have you done l3 c9???

Yep, I'll just have another look now to make sure I give you the right info
Yep, I'll just have another look now to make sure I give you the right info

Ok, fo first take a look at the URL at the top of the page. There are three things that need changing: the amount, the account transferring the money and the account receiving the money. If you can pick these three things out and substitute them for the correct ones in the briefing, you should get the flag. Let me know if you're still struggling :smile:
Hello everyone! I've been trying Level 4 Challenge 4 for a while now. I have run the photos through Steg crackers and there is nothing in the source code of the image, any hints or tips as to how I should go about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending