The Student Room Group

anyone who beat themselves up over not getting all top grades in A-level?

For example me, may only get A*AA or even A*AB which is an underachievement compared to all A*/A when I first thought of A-levels/16+ study at 14 and wanted to finish it by 16. Some schools offered me to skip but due to personal circumstances, didn't. I regret not trying harder and studying more at summer 2021, summer 2020 etc. and making plans.

Often i can't help but think it's aan underachievement, on the other hand I've fought for several years to skip a year, go to uni at 16, and have finally achieved it. Let's say a huge part of my childhood dreams have been realised.

It's just tugging me in both directions, making me lose a big chunk of my identity and fulfillment.
On one hand I met the bottom line. On the other haand... the cost was rather high.

But at least I'm done per se even if I need to deal with these identity issues etc. especially when I have intense interests, even restricted interests.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Have you got these grades yet? If yes, don’t worry it’s fine. If not, just focus on the revision

Quick Reply

Latest