The Student Room Group

Has anyone else had issues with ordering prospectus this year?

I am hoping to apply for uni for 2021 entry. I have tried to order prospectus from different unis on multiple occasions and get a response email every time so the order definitely went through.
Some just never showed up. I ordered multiple times since December and nothing. Others came late but are here after 2 months or so.
The strangest is I ordered a prospectus for St Andrews and i got st Andrew's letter attached to the prospectus and a study at st Andrews card as normal however it was attached to a university of Glasgow prospectus not st Andrews. I'm a bit confused by this. I don't think they are linked and not sure if this is normal. If it's a mistake I'm not sure how it happened. Has anyone else had any of these issues?
I applied to Leiden in NL for a brochure and on last page of their forms it said, due to virus you can only download pdf version... so I guess that will be case in many places.

For your ‘wrong’ brochure, perhaps there’s an outsourced facilities management team, maybe does all Scottish unis?, and they sent you the wrong paper product....

St. Andrews is a nice small college, usually with a very high international aspect, so that might be a slight problem with numbers and costs for the next couple of years. A couple of friends studied there, one Russian language now working in Switzerland in import-export, one studied Geography, now mapping Antarctica (after a Masters at Glasgow)
Reply 2
Original post by LuigiMario
I applied to Leiden in NL for a brochure and on last page of their forms it said, due to virus you can only download pdf version... so I guess that will be case in many places.

For your ‘wrong’ brochure, perhaps there’s an outsourced facilities management team, maybe does all Scottish unis?, and they sent you the wrong paper product....

St. Andrews is a nice small college, usually with a very high international aspect, so that might be a slight problem with numbers and costs for the next couple of years. A couple of friends studied there, one Russian language now working in Switzerland in import-export, one studied Geography, now mapping Antarctica (after a Masters at Glasgow)

Tbf i considered the outsourcing myself but just found it weird so wondered if anyone else had experienced that or other problems. I understand with covid a lot of unis are doing pdf copies but I've tried to order from Edinburgh 7 times. Since as early as November / December and none arrived and i got confirmation emails for all of them. I've had similar issues with other unis. I live in the UK and it says a 10 day wait but so far had a 7 month wait and nothing. Other unis came a bit late but did say they would be due to covid and there is limited supply. I completely understand but I wish they'd just say pdf only or explain limited copies or wait times like some unis do. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.
I am also looking at languages so your high praise for St Andrews is reassuring thank you😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending