The Student Room Group

Conditional order not accepted as evidence of divorce

Has anyone else had this issue? My divorce has been proceeding under the new no-fault rules since May 2022. I have a conditional order dated Jan 2023, but no final order as yet.

The student loans application asked for proof of separation, so I sent the conditional order. I have received a reply which states:

“Marital status evidence needed
Thanks for sending us your Conditional order and 2022/23 Council Tax bill.We can’t accept this as evidence of your marital status because this doesnot confrim you have been awarded either a decree Nisi or Absolute.”

Under the new rules, the conditional and final orders replace the nisi and absolute. They’re the same thing, renamed. I cannot provide a nisi/absolute because they are now obselete.Any suggestions, as this seems a bit daft? Thanks folks!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Hello, would anyone know the answer to my query?
Original post by Raykeeper
Has anyone else had this issue? My divorce has been proceeding under the new no-fault rules since May 2022. I have a conditional order dated Jan 2023, but no final order as yet.

The student loans application asked for proof of separation, so I sent the conditional order. I have received a reply which states:

“Marital status evidence needed
Thanks for sending us your Conditional order and 2022/23 Council Tax bill.We can’t accept this as evidence of your marital status because this doesnot confrim you have been awarded either a decree Nisi or Absolute.”

Under the new rules, the conditional and final orders replace the nisi and absolute. They’re the same thing, renamed. I cannot provide a nisi/absolute because they are now obselete.Any suggestions, as this seems a bit daft? Thanks folks!

Hi there,

Do you have a new council tax bill for 23/24 showing you receive a single person discount of 25%?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 3
No, my council tax bill shows 100% student discount so doesn’t prove that I’m alone here, just that everyone is exempt. I provided the bill for 2022/3 as that one has spd but it was rejected for being too old.

It’s strange as the .gov website states that the conditional order is accepted as proof, I don’t understand why it’s not.
Reply 4
IMG_5833.jpeg
IMG_5833.jpeg

You would need to contact us so we can check this for you. You can use the live chat option online in your account, or call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Ok, thank you
Ok, thank you

You're welcome! Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending