The Student Room Group

Instagram deleting messages

How do I delete all my messages on instagram DM's on both sides? (Without having to manually unsend one by one because that would literally take me years)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by bobfish11
How do I delete all my messages on instagram DM's on both sides? (Without having to manually unsend one by one because that would literally take me years)

Probably best to contact instagram directly and see if this is possible.
Have you tried the delete button?

To delete a conversation in Instagram Direct: Tap in the top right of Feed. Swipe left (iOS) or tap and hold (Android) on the conversation you'd like to delete. Tap Delete > Delete.

Swipe left. Delete. But the other person will still have the chat.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Have you tried the delete button?

To delete a conversation in Instagram Direct: Tap in the top right of Feed. Swipe left (iOS) or tap and hold (Android) on the conversation you'd like to delete. Tap Delete > Delete.

They still have the chat
Reply 5
Original post by Synergy_
Swipe left. Delete. But the other person will still have the chat.

Yep, looking for the solution in which they loose the chat.
They still have the chat

You can not remove the chat from someone else's account. Just what you said by unsending each one.
They still have the chat

You can only delete the conversations from your end. You can't delete the exact conversations on someone else's account, unless you hack them.
you cant delete a convo for another person only yourself by swiping left and pressing delete

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending