The Student Room Group

Will I ever find love?

My whole life of 19 years old, I have only had one official boyfriend. We dated for two years then we broke up after I moved to Washington, I had a crush on this popular guy who I thought had a crush on me because the signs were all there; He stared at me a lot, knew my name right away even before we officially met, invited me to all of his games, Always came to talk to me, gave me his number, said I was beautiful and I should always be myself. My friends gave him the letter which was about my crush on him and yes I said it was ok. All he said was oh ok, kept the note, openly stared at me but I ignored him afterwards because he made no sign of wanting to come talk to me so we ignored each other for a few months then he graduated, this was last year btw. He followed me on Instagram even after he got my note. There have been some plenty of guys who have been interested but it never goes anywhere because they admit it way too late, commitment issues or I am just not interested in them. There was this guy, Will who I had a weird friendship/ relationship with idk even know what we really were anyways we met at the library and started talking. He admitted he was attracted to me but he didn’t want to be in a relationship, I said I want a relationship and said maybe we should stop seeing each other and he said he wanted me in his life so I stayed. We would flirt, kiss and talk almost all night, this went on for months then he said he wanted to be with me but he changed his mind and said he couldn’t then he said once again, he wanted to be with me and it went on like that for a few more months until I had it and said I can’t keep doing this anymore. There’s been so many missed opportunities mostly because they won’t tell me how they feel until it’s too late, I am either too shy to tell them how I feel about them or they have commitment issues. I just want a real stable relationship, I can’t see how hard that is too understand. People tell me they see me being married in the near future, guys have said I am the marrying type something they don’t want right now. I am now going to college in September so maybe I’ll meet someone but I won’t hold me breath on that even. Who feels the same when it comes to relationships?
I can totally relate to you but maybe I’m in a different situation. Unlike you (im assuming), I’m a guy and it’s really difficult for me to appeal attractive to girls. A bit biased but I think it’s easier for guys to fall for girls but these past few years, I always struggle to make girls fall for me. I changed my physical appearance and personality but it just doesn’t work. Nonetheless, I really believe that the right person will come at the right time at the right place. But then again, I might be wrong
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I can totally relate to you but maybe I’m in a different situation. Unlike you (im assuming), I’m a guy and it’s really difficult for me to appeal attractive to girls. A bit biased but I think it’s easier for guys to fall for girls but these past few years, I always struggle to make girls fall for me. I changed my physical appearance and personality but it just doesn’t work. Nonetheless, I really believe that the right person will come at the right time at the right place. But then again, I might be wrong

Yeah you’re right I am a girl. For me it’s guys being able to commit and have a stable relationship with me or they don’t tell me until it’s too late. I am sorry to hear that and I am sure you will find someone too eventually:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah you’re right I am a girl. For me it’s guys being able to commit and have a stable relationship with me or they don’t tell me until it’s too late. I am sorry to hear that and I am sure you will find someone too eventually:smile:

So tell me, why do girls always say stuff like "He seems too nice"? Like is it wrong for me to be nice to you? Just curious because it seems like it is my nature to do acts of kindness to everyone. I was being nice to this one girl but she kept on telling her friends that I was being too nice to her and in a way, she felt that I was pushing her into a relationship. Yes, I understand if she said I was being a creep but the only surprising thing I did was giving her a Secret Santa gift and she knew. She ended up leaving the gift in the boarding house kitchen for everyone to use.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending