The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think your question has been answered :smile: when you post something like this you will always get backlash because you've basically admitted to committing traffic offences lol and putting yourself and others at risk, highly unlikely you've been reported so you should relax but i wouldn't ever do it again because all it takes is that one time and you've had it especially if you're a new driver as you'll be crucified in court and even at night time you just can't predict what will pull out or run out and idk it just seems pretty common sense on why we have laws and traffic lights :wink:

TSR lesson for today is don't break laws :smile:
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
To make it brief; Am I screwed? (£100 fine and 3 points on license)

I ran a few rounds around the road and can confirm that there weren't any red-light cameras. So the only worry is the ambulance passing my information and evidence of my mistake to the cops.

In my defense, I didn't expect to see a traffic light only a few yards after another traffic light while I was going downhill. Furthermore, a few seconds before I realised I was in the wrong lane and since the roads ahead were clear I wanted to overtake quickly and in my complacency/hastiness went past the traffic light while I was eyeing the car I was going to overtake in the next second.

I've ran red lights before at night but never in front of emergency services. Ambulances aren't police cars, but the worry exists that they have some fort of traffic enforcement powers.

If you got experience or have witnessed anything like my situation, then let me know.

I was sympathising with you, although a lot of what you said isn’t necessarily true (‘didn’t expect to see a traffic light only a few yards after another traffic light’) and guessed this all may be due to inexperience but then you went on to say you’ve done this before? At night?!

It’s not like speeding a couple of miles over the limit, running a red light shouldn’t be about whether you are caught or not; each time you do it you are risking a serious collision. Stop running red lights.

Also, next time you’re in the wrong lane, stay in it and find another route. In this case, you rushed to overtake and jumped a red light, but what if you had hit a pedestrian? Slow down, and let things unfold in front of you.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Joe Frazier
I was sympathising with you, although a lot of what you said isn’t necessarily true (‘didn’t expect to see a traffic light only a few yards after another traffic light’) and guessed this all may be due to inexperience but then you went on to say you’ve done this before? At night?!

It’s not like speeding a couple of miles over the limit, running a red light shouldn’t be about whether you are caught or not; each time you do it you are risking a serious collision. Stop running red lights.

Also, next time you’re in the wrong lane, stay in it and find another route. In this case, you rushed to overtake and jumped a red light, but what if you had hit a pedestrian? Slow down, and let things unfold in front of you.

Lol yh I know, I was too rash att.

Learnt my lesson there and then, on a absent road after the incident I was bashing my head on the steering wheel and thinking about the bad outcomes if it was daylight and I did that.

When I normally run red lights it's when my surroundings are clear, I don't take such risks often and it's only when the opportunity arises and I know the road inside and out. I'm among the crowd that runs amber lights last minute so I got plenty of experience 😂
Reply 23

Learnt my lesson there and then, on a absent road after the incident I was bashing my head on the steering wheel and thinking about the bad outcomes if it was daylight and I did that.

When I normally run red lights it's when my surroundings are clear, I don't take such risks often and it's only when the opportunity arises and I know the road inside and out. I'm among the crowd that runs amber lights last minute so I got plenty of experience 😂

Oh for goodness' sake... please stop telling us all about how you like to run red lights! Your flagrant disregard for the rules is abhorrent...
Original post by IWMTom
Oh for goodness' sake... please stop telling us all about how you like to run red lights! Your flagrant disregard for the rules is abhorrent...

Oh thou art very kind, thank you for the compliment.

Look on the bright side, I might be a bad apple but atleast I'm conscious of my errors.

Somehow I still feel like you haven’t learnt your lesson🤷
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 26

Look on the bright side, I might be a bad apple but atleast I'm conscious of my errors.

Yes.. that makes me feel so much better...
Legit though, I give my thanks to everyone that has replied on this thread.

For those few among you that have sincerely replied with more understanding and less malice, doubly thanks 👍

You’re pathetic. Your blatant disregard for basic safe driving is gonna kill someone one day or cause an accident. I genuinely hope you get caught and lose your license.
@Nick6501@StriderHort @mqb2766 @IWMTom@nexttime @xoxAngel_Kxox @RoyalSheepy@GabiAbi84 @YaliaV @barnetlad @RedGiant@FRS500 @RogerOxon @Joe Frazier @Fermion.

Wanted to give a quick update to everyone. I didn't get a NIP in the post after 14 days. My driving record will continue to remain unblemished for the foreseeable future 😂😂
Reply 30
@Nick6501@StriderHort @mqb2766 @IWMTom@nexttime @xoxAngel_Kxox @RoyalSheepy@GabiAbi84 @YaliaV @barnetlad @RedGiant@FRS500 @RogerOxon @Joe Frazier @Fermion.

Wanted to give a quick update to everyone. I didn't get a NIP in the post after 14 days. My driving record will continue to remain unblemished for the foreseeable future 😂😂

Shame.
I assume you want some sort of congratulations for being an inconsiderate dangerous driver....
Yeah, no.
What a wonderful excuse for a human being you are.

I'm glad you had 2 weeks of obviously completely unwarranted stress waiting for that news lol.

Some people are so dumb.

Very sad. An injustice.
Hahaha, I thank everyone for their congratulatory words.

Lesson we learnt today: Ambulances aren't snitches :smile:

There's still a chance one could come, post is delayed across the country at the moment due to COVID-19.

I hope you get caught ASAP and your license is revoked. You're not clever by breaking the law and getting away with it.
I’m sure you’ll find it HILARIOUS when you kill or seriously injure someone.
Reply 37

Please stop this. It is not normal even when the roads are quiet. I hope you get caught.

I’m sure you’ll be saying the same when you run someone over or have an accident. You are pathetic and I despise people like you.
Original post by RedGiant
There's still a chance one could come, post is delayed across the country at the moment due to COVID-19.

I hope you get caught ASAP and your license is revoked. You're not clever by breaking the law and getting away with it.

Lol yh, that's the only worry I have. Covid 19 leading to some delay in the outcome, man needs to be on the lookout the next few days (roughly 3-5) to proper confirm the outcome.

Obviously fingers crossed I get the best result and no NIP comes through the post.

Latest

Trending

Trending