The Student Room Group

Moving from OU to a Brick Uni

Hiya Everyone,

I am planning on swapping to a brick uni from sept next year. I have done 60 Credits of year 1 with the OU and start another 60 credits soon. I have decided I would like to swap over to a brick uni.

My question is how will my funding from SFE for tuition and maintenance work. As I will have already done 120 credits with the OU would I still be able to get funding for a full time 3/4 year degree (likely will have to start from scratch or maybe even foundation year)?
I could maybe cancel my enrollment on the 60 credits I am about to start but as I have very little academic background I would be concerned that without it I won't be able to secure a place in a brick uni.

From what I understand it would be new degree length - years already studied + 1 = entitlement years. Does that mean 120 Credits = 1 year so I would be able to get funding for only 3 years full-time study? As such I wouldn't be able to accept a place with a foundation year?

Any advice would be helpful.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Random Baka
Hiya Everyone,

I am planning on swapping to a brick uni from sept next year. I have done 60 Credits of year 1 with the OU and start another 60 credits soon. I have decided I would like to swap over to a brick uni.

My question is how will my funding from SFE for tuition and maintenance work. As I will have already done 120 credits with the OU would I still be able to get funding for a full time 3/4 year degree (likely will have to start from scratch or maybe even foundation year)?
I could maybe cancel my enrollment on the 60 credits I am about to start but as I have very little academic background I would be concerned that without it I won't be able to secure a place in a brick uni.

From what I understand it would be new degree length - years already studied + 1 = entitlement years. Does that mean 120 Credits = 1 year so I would be able to get funding for only 3 years full-time study? As such I wouldn't be able to accept a place with a foundation year?

Any advice would be helpful.

Did you receive any qualification from your time at the OU? Is it only the one year of study you have? Are you going to be studying full time of part time? What is your nationality? How long have you resided in the U.K.? What are the details of your new course/university ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending