The Student Room Group

Ealry applicant personal statement help!!!

Hello,

I can't find anyone to check my first draft of my personal statement through and as I'm an early applicant I'd like to start early. None of my teachers are replying to me (left me on read) presumably because it's the summer holidays, and as it's only my first draft I don't want to pay for full on reviews on e.g. medify.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go? Or is anyone willing to read my PS and give feedback?

Thanks
Hey, I'm an early applicant as well and I have no idea on how to even start a PS. How did you approach it?
Original post by pancakesbob7
Hello,

I can't find anyone to check my first draft of my personal statement through and as I'm an early applicant I'd like to start early. None of my teachers are replying to me (left me on read) presumably because it's the summer holidays, and as it's only my first draft I don't want to pay for full on reviews on e.g. medify.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go? Or is anyone willing to read my PS and give feedback?

Thanks

You can post it in this private forum for feedback: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1372

They will only look at one draft, though.
Hello,

Thanks

Do not send your PS to anyone on here. The link @EierVonSatan has provided is the best thing to do.
Original post by 5hyl33n
Do not send your PS to anyone on here. The link @EierVonSatan has provided is the best thing to do.

Out of curiosity, why not?
Original post by lauren_dxm
Hey, I'm an early applicant as well and I have no idea on how to even start a PS. How did you approach it?

I listed down anything and everything I wanted/needed to include e.g.extra-curricular, super-curricular, why I want to study that particular subject at uni.

You might not know whether they are in year 12 or not. They could copy parts or your whole personal statement.

UCAS tests the submitted personal statements on plagiarism. If you posted your statement here then you would probably be disqualified as they would think you copied it from the internet.
https://www.highwelleducation.com/

offering one free ps review
but before JULY 31st so you have to be quick
Original post by 5hyl33n
You might not know whether they are in year 12 or not. They could copy parts or your whole personal statement.

Original post by gabostrk
UCAS tests the submitted personal statements on plagiarism. If you posted your statement here then you would probably be disqualified as they would think you copied it from the internet.

Oh okay, thanks guys...close shave!!
Original post by chickennuggets12
https://www.highwelleducation.com/

offering one free ps review
but before JULY 31st so you have to be quick

Thanks!
Thanks!

Are you applying for mecidine or law? Otherwise that site won't help you much :frown:
Original post by gabostrk
Are you applying for mecidine or law? Otherwise that site won't help you much :frown:

Medicine!
My school already made us sign up to UCAS and complete the education/ basic info/ we have done personal drafts for a personal statement which was due in June but then we have till September to redraft it before we submit it. But I heard there isn’t a deadline for us until November. I could read it because my teachers sent us examples of how to do it and what u shouldn’t do in it.
Medicine!

Alright, then it's a great offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending