The Student Room Group

How many driving lessons?

Obviously, due to this COVID situation I am not working so how many hours of lessons should I have every day or every week which will help me learn to drive quicker. I was thinking 6 hours a week so 2 hours on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and have about 30 hours of lesson but then I might stretch it and get another 10 hours of learning.
Reply 1
Original post by shamensaki
Obviously, due to this COVID situation I am not working so how many hours of lessons should I have every day or every week which will help me learn to drive quicker. I was thinking 6 hours a week so 2 hours on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and have about 30 hours of lesson but then I might stretch it and get another 10 hours of learning.

All comes down to the individual, I only needed 15 hours of lessons, doing 1 or 2 hours a week :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Joshkav
All comes down to the individual, I only needed 15 hours of lessons, doing 1 or 2 hours a week :smile:

Wow, that's good. Can you please suggest me which package should I go for like I know it would all come down to the individual but still just give me ur opinion please on which package which would be suitable at the start.

Standard 1 hour driving lesson @ £25.00

25 driving lessons @ £574.00 (save £51.00)

30 driving lessons @ £689.00 (save £61.00)
Reply 3
Wow, that's good. Can you please suggest me which package should I go for like I know it would all come down to the individual but still just give me ur opinion please on which package which would be suitable at the start.

Standard 1 hour driving lesson @ £25.00

25 driving lessons @ £574.00 (save £51.00)

30 driving lessons @ £689.00 (save £61.00)

I would of said, if there was a 10 hour package, Start with that and see where you are in 10 hours of lessons time. But if I had to pick from those options. PAYG gives you more freedom, but I suppose if you have the money, I would go with the 25 hour package, then PAYG :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Joshkav
I would of said, if there was a 10 hour package, Start with that and see where you are in 10 hours of lessons time. But if I had to pick from those options. PAYG gives you more freedom, but I suppose if you have the money, I would go with the 25 hour package, then PAYG :smile:

Yes lool there are other options but I thought it would be cheaper to buy it as a package. like I will be saving some money.

15 driving lessons @£354.00 (save £21.00)

20 driving lessons @£469.00 (save £31.00)
Reply 5
Yes lool there are other options but I thought it would be cheaper to buy it as a package. like I will be saving some money.

15 driving lessons @£354.00 (save £21.00)

20 driving lessons @£469.00 (save £31.00)

Well it all comes down to you really, you could buy a block of 15 hours, and then once you've done 15 hours, see if you want to PAYG then, if you are not far off ready, or buy another block of 15 hours. The only thing with buying blocks, is that if you are ready for test sooner than the amount you have paid for, you will have to have lessons you don't really need and just wasting money, as they won't refund you, as you got them at a discounted price, if you know what I mean :smile:

The savings are not that great in my opinion, essentially buy 15 hours in 1 go and get 1 hour free, not worth it. PAYG gives you the flexibility to takes breaks between lessons, take more or less lessons if under financial pressure, etc. Your choice, but just giving you my opinion from my perspective :smile:
I did 4 lessons some 1 hour some 2 and couldn’t be arsed with it and about time I did my next I forgot half of it and wasn’t going anywhere fast so booked a week course with passmefast and did 2 hour a day sometimes 3 then my test like a day after and passed first time with 2 minors, personally think block lessons are much easier and faster than dragging them out for weeks/months and idk it seems more logical to get passed as quick as possible rather than take weeks because anything can happen in that time, instructor could change car, drop you as a student, book holidays or get overbooked, lots of things can go wrong by choosing the long route but I get why some do it as timing and stuff so all comes down to own preference. For me I preferred the crash course I think they’re called compared to normal driving school lessons.

Good luck
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
The saving for bulk buys aren’t very large. I would go with a couple of individually paid lessons to see how it goes and then the 15 lessons. I would favour weekly hourly lessons if you have someone else to practice with in between. Otherwise try two lessons a week or a two hours together.
Reply 8
Original post by Joshkav
Well it all comes down to you really, you could buy a block of 15 hours, and then once you've done 15 hours, see if you want to PAYG then, if you are not far off ready, or buy another block of 15 hours. The only thing with buying blocks, is that if you are ready for test sooner than the amount you have paid for, you will have to have lessons you don't really need and just wasting money, as they won't refund you, as you got them at a discounted price, if you know what I mean :smile:

The savings are not that great in my opinion, essentially buy 15 hours in 1 go and get 1 hour free, not worth it. PAYG gives you the flexibility to takes breaks between lessons, take more or less lessons if under financial pressure, etc. Your choice, but just giving you my opinion from my perspective :smile:

Thanks for ur opinion and yh I think I would first go for 15 lessons and see how I am doing and then if still not confident then I will go for extra ten lesson in bulk.
Reply 9
Original post by Zarek
The saving for bulk buys aren’t very large. I would go with a couple of individually paid lessons to see how it goes and then the 15 lessons. I would favour weekly hourly lessons if you have someone else to practice with in between. Otherwise try two lessons a week or a two hours together.

Thanks for the advice and yh true the saving of bulk is not that big but I just like it to have it in bulk because obviously I don't know if there is going to be a second lockdown or not so I thought I would quickly learn it and pass it before 2021.
Original post by Teddy650123
I did 4 lessons some 1 hour some 2 and couldn’t be arsed with it and about time I did my next I forgot half of it and wasn’t going anywhere fast so booked a week course with passmefast and did 2 hour a day sometimes 3 then my test like a day after and passed first time with 2 minors, personally think block lessons are much easier and faster than dragging them out for weeks/months and idk it seems more logical to get passed as quick as possible rather than take weeks because anything can happen in that time, instructor could change car, drop you as a student, book holidays or get overbooked, lots of things can go wrong by choosing the long route but I get why some do it as timing and stuff so all comes down to own preference. For me I preferred the crash course I think they’re called compared to normal driving school lessons.

Good luck

Congrats on passing and yh that's why I wanna buy bulk and quickly get it done with before 2021

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending