The Student Room Group

Take a moment for Chancellor Rishi Sunak

Sunak stood out. “It was his confidence and unflappability,” said Christopher Robson, an 83-year-old former local party chairman who was in the room that day. “People who don’t flap are enormously valuable, they just get on with an enormous amount of work.”

Such a great man.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Gundabad(good)
Sunak stood out. “It was his confidence and unflappability,” said Christopher Robson, an 83-year-old former local party chairman who was in the room that day. “People who don’t flap are enormously valuable, they just get on with an enormous amount of work.”

Such a great man.

It took him three months to put us in the worst recession in 300 years with the worst public sector deficit since WWII and because he is paying for half price Big Macs in August you think he is great?
Reply 2
I sense you have a bit of a crush on the Chancellor...
Original post by Quady
It took him three months to put us in the worst recession in 300 years with the worst public sector deficit since WWII and because he is paying for half price Big Macs in August you think he is great?

I'll be going to Nando's on Monday for half price, so yeah.
Original post by Napp
I sense you have a bit of a crush on the Chancellor...

My love for him is completely platonic.
Reply 5
My love for him is completely platonic.

One thinks the lady doth protest too much :colone:
Original post by Napp
One thinks the lady doth protest too much :colone:

Unsex me here. :cool:
Reply 7
Unsex me here. :cool:

It would be unseemly of me to mangle a quote from the bard in such a manner!
Original post by Napp
It would be unseemly of me to mangle a quote from the bard in such a manner!

Looks like Shakespeare has silenced you!
I'll be going to Nando's on Monday for half price, so yeah.

You aren't going to convince people he is a great man by highlighting his gimmick schemes of dubious value that will cost the government a lot of money.
Original post by Kitten in boots
You aren't going to convince people he is a great man by highlighting his gimmick schemes of dubious value that will cost the government a lot of money.

Eat out to help out. Absolutely perfect scheme.
Reply 11
Eat out to help out. Absolutely perfect scheme.

How is ut perfect? Its limited to max of £10/head and doesnt cover all food a drink. Nor does it cover Sundays or September.
Original post by Quady
How is ut perfect? Its limited to max of £10/head and doesnt cover all food a drink. Nor does it cover Sundays or September.

I managed to get KFC twice because of it. It's a win in my books.
Is it just me who thinks he has a really weird kinda nasally accent, it's the most annoying British accent I've ever heard lol.
Original post by Nabu123
Is it just me who thinks he has a really weird kinda nasally accent, it's the most annoying British accent I've ever heard lol.

His parents are from Uganda so it can be forgiven.
His parents are from Uganda so it can be forgiven.

Same but I like to think I dont sound like that lol
Original post by Nabu123
Same but I like to think I dont sound like that lol

Don't disrespect Sunak's voice! His voice is majestic!

Such a great man.

But of course. Anyone can wave their credit card advertising free drinks for everyone before quietly leaving without paying the bill.

He comes across as a man of integrity but borrowing money is easy. It is paying it back that is the difficult bit as Osborne found out.
Original post by Quady

He is the best cabinet minister by far, but the rest are probably the worst in any modern government, other than the former minister Chris Grayling. So I can understand why Tories think he is wonderful because he is vaguely competent. The Eat Out to Help Out scheme should have applied to small independent businesses only and not to KFC, McDonalds, Starbucks and other large scale corporations/franchises.

He only became Chancellor because Sajid Javid had integrity and would not be dictated to by Dominic Cummings.
Original post by ByEeek
But of course. Anyone can wave their credit card advertising free drinks for everyone before quietly leaving without paying the bill.

He comes across as a man of integrity but borrowing money is easy. It is paying it back that is the difficult bit as Osborne found out.

That's why Sunak is not giving out thousands of pounds to every citizen, unlike America which gave out stimulus checks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending