The Student Room Group

Girl problem help!

Hey guys!

So me and this girl have been talking for just over 2 months now (During the pandemic). Everything has been amazing between us, up until recently. We had a bit of a heated argument around 2 weeks ago and since then our contact went from calling everysingle day to hardly a text a day if that.

She brought up that she felt we were moving too fast, we used to call every night and even fall asleep on the phone together for around a month. but then she brought up this issue and since then our contact has been alot less.

I thought as time would go by we would slowly start to talk more but it wasnt the case so i called her to talk about it. She still tells me she likes me but she doesnt show it at all. I am the only one who calls her and attempts to make a conversation. Wereas before she brought up us moving fast she would constantly call and message me.

It's weird because in calls and stuff, we were randomly talking about household chores and she was like "right you're cleaning the dishes then". I don't know if she is losing feelings for me or do you think i give her space and let her come to me?

She is also moving into her new accomodation next week and we always discussed meeting up when she moves in. Shall i just not message or call her to (hopefully) make her miss me and she will make contact? If so how long do i go without messaging her.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys!

So me and this girl have been talking for just over 2 months now (During the pandemic). Everything has been amazing between us, up until recently. We had a bit of a heated argument around 2 weeks ago and since then our contact went from calling everysingle day to hardly a text a day if that.

She brought up that she felt we were moving too fast, we used to call every night and even fall asleep on the phone together for around a month. but then she brought up this issue and since then our contact has been alot less.

I thought as time would go by we would slowly start to talk more but it wasnt the case so i called her to talk about it. She still tells me she likes me but she doesnt show it at all. I am the only one who calls her and attempts to make a conversation. Wereas before she brought up us moving fast she would constantly call and message me.

It's weird because in calls and stuff, we were randomly talking about household chores and she was like "right you're cleaning the dishes then". I don't know if she is losing feelings for me or do you think i give her space and let her come to me?

She is also moving into her new accomodation next week and we always discussed meeting up when she moves in. Shall i just not message or call her to (hopefully) make her miss me and she will make contact? If so how long do i go without messaging her.

She clearly lost interest. Just move on.
Reply 2
She clearly lost interest. Just move on.

Then why doesn't she tell me she has lost interest on the phone? She always says that she hasn't and still really likes me
I always see this advice directed towards girls about guys so...but I think it can be applied here too.

“Just give him three days. Wait three days, no texts, no calls, no nothing. Then see if he comes back”

“What if I can’t wait three days tho”

“You see the thing is, you keep running back to him and he gets off on it. He knows he’s gonna have you coming back to him. Why not give him three days and make him realize, oh **** it’s serious, I’m really losing her!”

“What if he doesn’t even come back?”

“Then why would you wanna be with someone that doesn’t want you? Why would you wanna be with someone like that?”
I think shes lost interest and doesn't want to tell you the truth so keeps leading you on. Honestly I wouldnt text or call her, and if like the post said above, after 3 days w nothing from her block her and shes not worth it dude
Reply 5
I always see this advice directed towards girls about guys so...but I think it can be applied here too.

“Just give him three days. Wait three days, no texts, no calls, no nothing. Then see if he comes back”

“What if I can’t wait three days tho”

“You see the thing is, you keep running back to him and he gets off on it. He knows he’s gonna have you coming back to him. Why not give him three days and make him realize, oh **** it’s serious, I’m really losing her!”

“What if he doesn’t even come back?”

“Then why would you wanna be with someone that doesn’t want you? Why would you wanna be with someone like that?”

Ahhh this is really clever tbf. I will try it. I was thinking maybe 5 days though. It's weird because yesterday when i called her, we talk as though nothing happened. We have the same vibes as always
Reply 6
Original post by H4ttie03
I think shes lost interest and doesn't want to tell you the truth so keeps leading you on. Honestly I wouldnt text or call her, and if like the post said above, after 3 days w nothing from her block her and shes not worth it dude

Shall i just straight up block her or call her to at least tell her im moving on? Also the thing is, whenever i do call her she says things as if she is still interested to still see me, so i just get confused
Shall i just straight up block her or call her to at least tell her im moving on? Also the thing is, whenever i do call her she says things as if she is still interested to still see me, so i just get confused

Lol I was in your situation before w a guy who I chatted to for like 5/6 days (ik it wasnt as long at all but still) and then he just disappeared on me, I texted him saying I wasnt gonna talk to him anymore but he didnt responded, honestly you can send a text (I wouldnt call her) but dont count on her responding if you're the one always initiating conversation. Yeah I get that, ppl can give mixed signals and she might just be leading you on and doesnt want to end it as she doesnt want to hurt you
Reply 8
Lol I was in your situation before w a guy who I chatted to for like 5/6 days (ik it wasnt as long at all but still) and then he just disappeared on me, I texted him saying I wasnt gonna talk to him anymore but he didnt responded, honestly you can send a text (I wouldnt call her) but dont count on her responding if you're the one always initiating conversation. Yeah I get that, ppl can give mixed signals and she might just be leading you on and doesnt want to end it as she doesnt want to hurt you

Thing is, she is moving into her new uni accommodation apartment on the 19th and when we were talking fine, she would say she would invite me literally the day she moves in. I doubt that will happen now, but im curious to see what/if she would. So i was thinking of waiting until then but idk. Its just nothing bad has happened between us, we literally had 2 months of such good vibes, then she mentioned us moving too fast and now its been like this. So confusing FFS
Thing is, she is moving into her new uni accommodation apartment on the 19th and when we were talking fine, she would say she would invite me literally the day she moves in. I doubt that will happen now, but im curious to see what/if she would. So i was thinking of waiting until then but idk. Its just nothing bad has happened between us, we literally had 2 months of such good vibes, then she mentioned us moving too fast and now its been like this. So confusing FFS

Ik it's like one day ppl act like they rlly act you and the next day can be so dry/ghost you. Yeah you could wait till next week and see what she says but honestly dont get your hopes up if shes been dry and not initiating conversations, but I guess you never know. Ik ppl are so confusing mixed signals are not a vibe at all

Also i am a very respectful person, i have friend coming from canada tomorrow (who is a girl). Do you think i should ask her if its ok to meet up with her, or do i just do go out with her considering me and this girl are not official.
Hey guys!

In life many things will happen,one sec your vibing with that person,next worse comes to worse.
You may truly like her,but I guess it's one way my love honey,sorry
I would say give it a few days tho and see what happens,if she doesn't respond,send a little text saying byeee and then forget about it because you will be wasting your precious life as when you are older you can marry your TRUE love
Okay I’m gonna give you advice and you can listen or not but hear we go
When a girl says she is still interested in you afterr a fight she is but she keeps thinking about that fight and what you said and what she said and she is doing what your doing second guessing yourself now I would do the three day thing but DO NOT block her that will look mean and rude no offence to the person who said very good idea but just don’t talk to her
if she then texts you saying we talked all the time and stuff and why don’t you talk to me anymore say I didn’t think you liked me back and I thought you were trying to hint to me to stop by not texting me.

Also another thing she might still like you but girls love it when you text them first that is one of the best things ever because as someone who over thinks a lot I think if the talk to me first then they like me for definite and I don’t think they are talking to me out of pity I dot know if it’s just me who thinks any of this but hope this helps if you really want to know talk to her about the fight if she try’s blame a lot of stuff on you leave her if she says it’s both of your faults don’t there is still something there and if she pins it on her self do not let her but don’t go to far incase she is fishing don’t tell her she is pretty or anything just says it’s both of our faults.

Oh and don’t ask her to meet when your still not great wait until it’s get better if it does!

Hope this helps!
Also i am a very respectful person, i have friend coming from canada tomorrow (who is a girl). Do you think i should ask her if its ok to meet up with her, or do i just do go out with her considering me and this girl are not official.

Honestly dont ask her, just because shes a girl doesnt mean anything will happen and especially since you guys arent official you dont need to. Your friend is coming from Canada so enjoy yourself as I'm assuming you dont get to see her often. Just because you dont ask her doenst mean your not respectful, and if you guys arent official then theres nothing to worry about

You don't need to ask permission. I think spending time with someone else and keeping your mind off it might help

No! Do not do this as it looks really immature. Yeah she may say that but until you give her distance so you aren't always contacting her...I think you're going to be stuck this way until one day she ignores you altogether.
No! Do not do this as it looks really immature. Yeah she may say that but until you give her distance so you aren't always contacting her...I think you're going to be stuck this way until one day she ignores you altogether.

So do you think i:
Do not contact her at all for 5ish days.
If i get nothing back from her, do i just call to end things with her?
So do you think i:
Do not contact her at all for 5ish days.
If i get nothing back from her, do i just call to end things with her?

Basically yes,but I would say text her don't call well it's up to u
What do others think?
Also,if it doesn't work out y are u wasting your life on ONE person,when you are older and let's say u were married,then yes that would be a problem but this is typical,it happens to every relationship,in the end u will be apart either way,also she may find someone more attractive and maybe she only contatced yoy during quarantne and had this bond because she was lonely,just leave her and love your life!!!!!!:smile:
Basically yes,but I would say text her don't call well it's up to u
What do others think?
Also,if it doesn't work out y are u wasting your life on ONE person,when you are older and let's say u were married,then yes that would be a problem but this is typical,it happens to every relationship,in the end u will be apart either way,also she may find someone more attractive and maybe she only contatced yoy during quarantne and had this bond because she was lonely,just leave her and love your life!!!!!!:smile:

I agree w you that's exactly what I was thinking
I agree w you that's exactly what I was thinking

Yeah fair enough, sounds good guys. Thanks for the help. I pray everything works out with her but if its not meant to be it wont be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending