The Student Room Group

Shad's A level Antics: A Year 12 GYG

(I've changed my username from TakeALittleWalk to Shadbury, and this GYG won't be Peaky Blinders themed like the last one unfortunately. To any new readers check out my Year 11 GYG if you'd like https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6280010 and let me know if you'd like to be added to or removed from the tag list below!)
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Work Ethic? Missing (presumed dead). Handwriting? Call it abstract art. Procrastination habits? Unsurprisingly still intact. Hotel? Trivago.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

OFFICIAL POSTS

Spoiler

Caught up in a sense of urgency and evidently fatiguing towards my GCSE exams, lockdown as a result of COVID-19 ironically swooped in as a lifeline for my deteriorating, drained self. Exams were cancelled and we were to stay at home indefinitely. What followed were six not-so-productive lovely months to wind down and relax. And. Did. I. Relax. I'm talking Netflix, Netflix, some more Netflix. Baking. Painting. Getting SWOLE. Reading! Sleeping. Some more sleeping. Making a start on AS Maths only to realise I need to capitalise on the time I have now relaxing to its fullest, followed by some more eating, sleeping and repEATing.
But regardless of all that time I've had to put my feet up, school (as always) has arrived precipitously. And whether I'm ready or not doesn't change the fact that I genuinely feel like it's about time. I've been relaxing far too long and I miss practically everything about school; the social aspects as well as education itself. Just as much as I wanna talk to my friends and catch up on the latest, I'd really like to (surprised I haven't started retching yet?) start learning again. A levels are going to be the bane of me, the new Art GCSE perhaps in the form of my chosen subjects. Here they are:

MY A LEVELS

Spoiler

MY GCSE RESULTS

Spoiler

MY GOALS FOR THE YEAR

Spoiler

(INTERESTING?) STUFF ABOUT ME

Spoiler

So tag along guys/gals and/or others on this next chapter of my journey to becoming a MEDIC. That's right! I'd like to do something different and what's more unique than the dream of an aspiring medic? All jokes aside I've wanted to be a doctor (particularly a neurosurgeon) for ages now. Since primary I believe. Reading When Breath Becomes Air only confirmed my passion for the speciality. Here's a link to it actually! Super sad yet super eye opening: https://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Breath-Becomes-Paul-Kalanithi/dp/1784701998 Medics/Aspiring Medics out there please let me know of any valuable opportunities that come up or share some advice I'm all ears!
Excluding Wednesday, which is my induction day, I'll be posting every Sunday!
Wednesday...Hold on... This Wednesday?!

Tune in for:
Pictures of how I'm organising myself for those stationaryholics out there!
My mental health - how I'm feeling or have felt throughout the week. Sixth form is known to be a very difficult couple years.
My revision, the workload, notes and experimenting with techniques.
Exams. Results. Falling behind or getting ahead.
Climbing (or most probably dropping lol) badminton England rankings.
Food. As always.
And CHOCOLATE is THE NEW THEME by the way. (In case you hadn't noticed)
So for the first time in a while I'll be starting with a brand new taglist! Just this once I think it'd be wise to tag in the Shelby Company one last time too though. Would like to reiterate please LET ME KNOW DOWN BELOW if you'd like to be added/removed.

TAGS
___________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

subbed - this will be good
nice post 1 btw - better than another one... :flute:
and im first yay :banana:
(edited 3 years ago)
2nd the best, RJ
Reply 3
Original post by Raptor Jesus
subbed - this will be good
nice post 1 btw - better than another one... :flute:
and im first yay :banana:

I learned from the best haha! But a GYG specifically asks that we focus more on content than aesthetic; I'd like for fellow year 12s or younguns to benefit from this especially just I like I did from reading a variety of GYGs from people in the year above. I'll tag you RJ don't you worry haha
Tag me in pls

Dont forget ✨Medenry✨
Original post by neko no basu
2nd the best, RJ

i meant the first tag :mmm:
Reply 6
2nd the best, RJ

Hi Neko! Should I tag you or?
Reply 7
Well you wrote so much and it’s so ‘poetic’
Tag me, as you should
Original post by Shadbury
I learned from the best haha! But a GYG specifically asks that we focus more on content than aesthetic; I'd like for fellow year 12s or younguns to benefit from this especially just I like I did from reading a variety of GYGs from people in the year above. I'll tag you RJ don't you worry haha

ofc i understand the importance of it, and im sure people will benefit from this
thx again :borat:
i meant the first tag :mmm:

oh i just checked, the 2nd tag is spud,
in which case, I still stand by what i said about, 2nd the best :aetsch:

Hi Neko! Should I tag you or?

yesssssss, i've been waiting for the arrival of your GYG
Reply 10
Original post by macy_m
Well you wrote so much and it’s so ‘poetic’
Tag me, as you should

Going all out this year mwahahahaha
Yes ma'am

Original post by Neighbelline_
Tag me in pls

Dont forget ✨Medenry✨

Of course; medentry - my secret key through the Diamond wall that is the UCAT
Reply 11
ofc i understand the importance of it, and im sure people will benefit from this
thx again :borat:

I was hinting that you could make one too hahaaa

No worries!
oh i just checked, the 2nd tag is spud,
in which case, I still stand by what i said about, 2nd the best :aetsch:

lol whatever you say :rolleyes:
but when you're making your gyg?
keep me tagged! best of luck with this year :hugs:
and yes, definitely make the most of your frees, you'll thank yourself later!
I was hinting that you could make one too hahaaa

No worries!

ohhh ok but i never even done a blog or gyg :lol:
i'll think i'll learn from yours and macys then may do one for yr13 - gotta learn from the best :colondollar:
Reply 15
Lol, all of us on TSR procrastinate too much don't we :lol:

Thanks for the tag! :biggrin:

all of these GYGs are making me want to make one again even tho it will be dead 2 weeks in and I literally just said I don't wanna bother with one :facepalm:
Reply 16
ohhh ok but i never even done a blog or gyg :lol:
i'll think i'll learn from yours and macys then may do one for yr13 - gotta learn from the best :colondollar:

Feel free to check out my year 11 one that I’ve linked righttt at the top of post 1; might give you some ideas!

Original post by absolutelysprout
keep me tagged! best of luck with this year :hugs:
and yes, definitely make the most of your frees, you'll thank yourself later!

Sounds great Sprout! Hope everything’s well!
Yeeeeeeeeesssssssssss Go Sensei :ahee:
Reply 18
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Yeeeeeeeeesssssssssss Go Sensei :ahee:

I’ll make you proud Spud I’m sure of it haha
Feel free to check out my year 11 one that I’ve linked righttt at the top of post 1; might give you some ideas!

thx but the link isnt working - might wanna check it:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending