The Student Room Group

why are traffic wardens so rude?

very obnoxious member of the civil service, £35 fine/ticket for being 120 seconds late 2 minutes !!
Yes I was rude after he was rude to me dont issue a fine and refuse to explain it!! T#$$##!
After you have heard all the excuses and abuse, perhaps it affects the way you deal with people. They are also not allowed discretion. They are also not members of the civil service, usually private contractors.

You know how long you can park there, and if you cannot manage your time, walk or get public transport in future.
Reply 2
A thankless task that must attract the resilient and/or power crazed. For consistency there is little way to show discretion on the ground. That’s what the appeals process is for. Mind you, precious little hope of latitude there either mind. Basically it’s follow the rules or suffer the consequences.
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
A thankless task that must attract the resilient and/or power crazed. For consistency there is little way to show discretion on the ground. That’s what the appeals process is for. Mind you, precious little hope of latitude there either mind. Basically it’s follow the rules or suffer the consequences.

just for clarification for this forum I wasn't asking for him not to issue the ticket he was not willing to explain why he'd issued it n yes he is a civil enforcement officer "clue is in their title"....Still really peeved by his behaviour!! Issuing a ticket is his job I recognise this it however doesn't give him the automatic right to be a sad excuse for a human being I wasn't shouting I was not rude I simply asked why I'd been issued the ticket or are we just supposed to slink away and not challenge anything or anyone in uniform their human too!
It's one of those jobs that people like to hate on, and in turn causes a backlash in the form of, well, petty parking fines. Same with rude call centre people and the fellas that check train tickets..
Original post by Miss5'4me
very obnoxious member of the civil service, £35 fine/ticket for being 120 seconds late 2 minutes !!
Yes I was rude after he was rude to me dont issue a fine and refuse to explain it!! T#$$##!

Because they're always on the defensive because they get so much **** from the public. It's like police officers expect a lot of people they meet to be horrible to them so they have to put on a front. I don't know how they can do that job, but not all of them are horrible. I had one recently let me park in a no parking area whilst I popped into work.
(edited 3 years ago)
You made an account for the sole purpose of complaining about a parking ticket?
Original post by Miss5'4me

Rules are rules! There has to be a cut off time somewhere.
Next time pay for longer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending