The Student Room Group

How to revise properly for btec level 3 business extended diploma

Hey, so i start school on the 14th however i have had induction day yesterday and having a couple more the following week. However, i was wondering from fellow students whos gotten distinctions or distinction* what was ur best technique of revising and maintaining that grade? Thank you.
Maybe you haven't been properly introduced to BTECs. BTECs, unlike A-Levels are not courses you can revise for. Instead these are practical and coursework based courses where you graded for your work, called assignments. These assignments involve researching, gathering information, producing reports and writing answers to given scenarions. BTECs also don't have exams, they just have assignments. They're pretty easy to do and any guidance that will secure you the best mark possible can only be given by your teacher since who knows what Unit you're doing and the assessment criteria. So, you can relax for now until you start the course. Hope this helped.
Original post by Yahya Dar
Maybe you haven't been properly introduced to BTECs. BTECs, unlike A-Levels are not courses you can revise for. Instead these are practical and coursework based courses where you graded for your work, called assignments. These assignments involve researching, gathering information, producing reports and writing answers to given scenarions. BTECs also don't have exams, they just have assignments. They're pretty easy to do and any guidance that will secure you the best mark possible can only be given by your teacher since who knows what Unit you're doing and the assessment criteria. So, you can relax for now until you start the course. Hope this helped.

Some BTECs have exams. Mine did and it required revision.
Original post by Bumble18

Oh, any BTEC at my college did not require it so I spoke from my personal experience. My bad. Hope you get someone to give you a better-informed answer.
Original post by raniaaaaa
Hey, so i start school on the 14th however i have had induction day yesterday and having a couple more the following week. However, i was wondering from fellow students whos gotten distinctions or distinction* what was ur best technique of revising and maintaining that grade? Thank you.

From someone who had to do there btec in aeronautical engineering by self teaching , you do realise btecs are a constant assignment. You might have one or two exams in the whole year that you sit but every 2 weeks you get an assignment. The best thing is to a listen in class all the time and take notes, ideally get your self a laptop to write alot of this information down in class. Second start on your assignment the day its given and you have 2 weeks. Depends on how you do them and the type your require to write. I had to write constantly an engineer technical report. Another thing is planning as you will get 3 assignments to do over the space of 2 weeks. You need to make sure yir planned ahead and do all 3

How did u revise for the btec?
Original post by 🧡Hajera
How did u revise for the btec?

Made loads of flash cards and went through them daily till I got everything right. It was hard work lol
btecs dont have exams its like courswork you just reaserch and like do like pass merit distinction like that idk lol
Original post by user56789
btecs dont have exams its like courswork you just reaserch and like do like pass merit distinction like that idk lol

BTECs now all have exams. There are still a small number of QCF courses just finishing off which don't have them, but these are very few
Made loads of flash cards and went through them daily till I got everything right. It was hard work lol

Would you say that’s suitable for btec ICT or are the exams not revision based?
Original post by 🧡Hajera
Would you say that’s suitable for btec ICT or are the exams not revision based?

I’m not sure sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending