The Student Room Group

Studying abroad

Hello,
I have currently finished my first year business BTEC Level 3 qualification in business Achieving D*DD, aiming for similar or higher in the second year, however I would like to ask wether it would be possible for me after completing my extended level 3 diploma to go and study abroad, I have the last call to switch to A-levels however I’d prefer to stay on level 3, and my decision will be dependent upon wether or not I will be able to study abroad (Poland) with a level 3 certificate
Reply 1
Unfortunately, I think you might have a problem if you continue with BTecs. Level 3 Extended Diplomas are recognised in the Netherlands (no other BTecs are, only this one) but in most other European countries, the situation is less clear. Technically, if you can prove that a qualification is good enough to access university in your home country, it ought to be good enough to get you in abroad but this is not as clear cut as it sounds. It might be worth submitting a UCAS application in order to prove this, even if you have no intention of studying in the UK.

I think you would probably be fine studying at a private university in Poland, particularly those teaching in English. If you are looking to apply to a public university in Poland, the situation with Btecs will probably be a lot more complicated. I suggest that you reach out to universities to see what they have to say but I would not be hopeful of getting an answer in time for you to make a decision about switching to A' levels.
Reply 2
Original post by Krzysztof2006
Hello,
I have currently finished my first year business BTEC Level 3 qualification in business Achieving D*DD, aiming for similar or higher in the second year, however I would like to ask wether it would be possible for me after completing my extended level 3 diploma to go and study abroad, I have the last call to switch to A-levels however I’d prefer to stay on level 3, and my decision will be dependent upon wether or not I will be able to study abroad (Poland) with a level 3 certificate

can you tell your tips and advice how you got a D*DD for BTEC Business please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending