The Student Room Group

Access to HE - Health care

Hi all!
I'm wondering if those of you that have completed a HE access course, looking to do midwifery or nursing could give me any tips about what to expect? Things like what the workload is like, information about subjects, and anything in general that you could tell me, as far as I know the subjects will be Anatomy & Physiology, Sociology and Health care!

If anyone replies I'll be so grateful, I hope everybody is having an excellent week!
:smile:
Original post by Lottiekay
Hi all!
I'm wondering if those of you that have completed a HE access course, looking to do midwifery or nursing could give me any tips about what to expect? Things like what the workload is like, information about subjects, and anything in general that you could tell me, as far as I know the subjects will be Anatomy & Physiology, Sociology and Health care!

If anyone replies I'll be so grateful, I hope everybody is having an excellent week!

If you just examine the last 5-10 pages of this mature students sub forum then you will see people posting who have completed along with their experience as well as people who are just starting. That would get you a lot more feedback than a single thread.
Hi all!

I completed my Access to Health Science this summer. Anatomy & Physiology, and Healthcare were two subjects that were part of my course. A&P was the heaviest weighted subject of the whole course. I think it was worth around 15 credits. You have to cover quite a bit and I found remembering the anatomy the hardest part. We were assessed in a number of ways. 3 of the units were assessed via an exam and essay. The other unit was via an open book exam, essay, and a lab practical session (which didn't happen due to COVID-19). A&P was really interesting!

Healthcare was different to how I expected it to be. I thought it was going to be hands on healthcare skills such as BP readings etc. I was totally wrong lol it was more like healthcare studies. We learnt about reflection, the inception and structure of the NHS, and would have covered a unit on mental health too. A lot of research was required in this subject.
Reply 3
Thank you so much Jenks98, that was a very helpful response :smile:
Thank you so much Jenks98, that was a very helpful response :smile:

No probs let me know if you have any questions:smile:
Reply 5
I have just started the access course Health Science Professions. I’m covering Biology, Psychology, Health and Social Policy and Academic Writing/Study Skills. It seems like it’s going to be a very full on course. I have 4 assignments on the go already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending