The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Chat Thread (2020-2021)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, what’s the difference between biochemistry and biomedical sciences please?
Original post by mjhmichael18
Can you please look at my last GYG and answer the question in my latest update which I want an answer to which is any suggestions of names for my next GYG? @5hyl33n

I will do that right now. :biggrin:
Original post by Aminah T
Wow good luck, medicine is a very difficult course to get into. But if you carry on studying, I am sure you'll achieve amazing grades :yep:
I am currently planning on studying either nursing or education (Haven't decided yet Lmao 🤦; I need to decide quickly)

If you don’t mind me asking what kind of nursing? Bc I’m literally deciding between child nursing and paramedic science.. idk what to pick :/
I have mocks tmo... I’m feeling really anxious for tmo, I don’t feel like I’m prepared enough. I was supposed to do some hardcore revision this weekend but my family made that so difficult, literally screaming babies everywhere. I couldn’t revise properly and now I’m screwed 🙂 I’m hoping the next mocks will be better bc I already know these ones are not gonna go too well.

I’m trying to stay positive atm and I’m gonna try my best
Original post by Anonymous12311
If you don’t mind me asking what kind of nursing? Bc I’m literally deciding between child nursing and paramedic science.. idk what to pick :/

I'm in the same position as you; I don't know what course to pick either :no:
I was initially thinking of child nursing, but I'm in a dilemma currently.

Are you applying to uni for 2021 entry?
(edited 3 years ago)
Hmmm, it looks like we aren’t doing A levels this year boys... they’ve already been cancelled in some areas I’ve heard
I have mocks tmo... I’m feeling really anxious for tmo, I don’t feel like I’m prepared enough. I was supposed to do some hardcore revision this weekend but my family made that so difficult, literally screaming babies everywhere. I couldn’t revise properly and now I’m screwed 🙂 I’m hoping the next mocks will be better bc I already know these ones are not gonna go too well.

Good luck! :biggrin: I am sure you'll get the grades you need :yep:
Original post by john87647
Hmmm, it looks like we aren’t doing A levels this year... they’ve already been cancelled in some areas I’ve heard

What :eek:
Where did you hear this from?
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm in the same position as you; I don't know what course to pick either :sadnod:
I was initially thinking of child nursing, but I'm in a dilemma currently.

Are you applying to uni for 2021 entry?

Yh for child nursing I wanna got to KCL or for paramedic science (there’s literally only one uni in London that offers this course) I wanna got to uni of Greenwich. How about you? If you don’t mind me asking
Good luck! :biggrin: I am sure you'll get the grades you need :yep:

Thank you, I really hope so!
Hmmm, it looks like we aren’t doing A levels this year boys... they’ve already been cancelled in some areas I’ve heard

SAY SIKE RN 😳✋🏾 Umm source???
Yh for child nursing I wanna got to KCL or for paramedic science (there’s literally only one uni in London that offers this course) I wanna got to uni of Greenwich. How about you? If you don’t mind me asking

I have to stay local and I can't go far :colonhash:, so I was thinking of going to universities in Birmingham.
What uni do you think you will enjoy?
Also my school had a corona virus case on Friday.. a yr 11 has it and the entire yr 11 group was sent home for two weeks. Tbh I don’t know I feel about that bc even though we are in bubbles, we share the same teachers😐
I have to stay local and I can't go far :colonhash:, so I was thinking of going to universities in Birmingham.
What uni do you think you will enjoy?

I’m not too sure since I haven’t been to any of them thanks to corona. However if we are basing this on rankings then probably King’s

What :eek:
Where did you hear this from?

SAY SIKE RN 😳✋🏾 Umm source???

Just to clarify:
There has been talks and artlicles by certain newspapers that the scottish government are considering that their 'National 5' exaams (which are the equivalent of our GCSEs) are to be cancelled. And also that their 'Higher' exams (which are the equivalent of our A-levels) are still going to go ahead but in a modified format (It is not fully clear what they mean by this).

NONE OF THIS HAS BEEN MADE OFFICIAL YET - it is just speculation/proposal, and a decision is expected to be made by October half term.

There is a link to a TES article below about it - but remember don't trust everything you read on the internet :smile:
https://www.tes.com/news/SQA-more-details-emerge-exam-cancellation-plans
Reply 655

I have my first mock on Tuesday and im so nervous as well

Dont be too hard on yourself for not feeling fully prepared - you know more than you think
Good luck!!
anyone have their internal ucas deadline tomorrow :s-smilie:
Original post by mez_merising
anyone have their internal ucas deadline tomorrow :s-smilie:

Yes I do. Thankfully all I have left now is to pay and send. I haven't decided all my choices yet but I'm only doing an early application as I want to try for Cambridge so that's fine I think.
Original post by Possibly this
Yes I do. Thankfully all I have left now is to pay and send. I haven't decided all my choices yet but I'm only doing an early application as I want to try for Cambridge so that's fine I think.

ah best of luck! what course are you applying for?
Also to everyone with their mocks coming up, good luck! I had mine back in May and June and whilst it was hard, it wasn't as hard as I thought and most things went alright. So good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest