The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

What courses/jobs did you do before your degree?

Just curious. I HV done health social care and childcare and currently work in healthcare.

Scroll to see replies

I am fifteen and I am applying for doctor's assistant in one of the biggest hospitals in Africa. And top 5 biggest hospital in the world. I wish to become a doctor so I want to start now. I was rejected on the basis that they don't want to put me in risk of the pendemic but I can start next year. So at the mean time I work for a pharmacy and Catholic church. I know this was not your question but it is what it is. 😘
(edited 3 years ago)
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Original post by Childcare_Kellie
Just curious. I HV done health social care and childcare and currently work in healthcare.

@ILoveSunsets can help
Original post by Starlight15
@ILoveSunsets can help

Just curious what every1 studied before their degree. I've already finished both courses a couple of years ago thanks x want to leave my healthcare job and progress w childcare
Just curious what every1 studied before their degree. I've already finished both courses a couple of years ago thanks x want to leave my healthcare job and progress w childcare

Nice! I actually dine midwifery for a year but then dropped out as I wanted to pursuit something o childcare and noticed that midwifery was not for me
I did level 2 and level 3 childcare then moved on straight to my degree but I've done jobs in retail and now work in nurseries whilst studying
what healthcare job did you do @Childcare_Kellie
Nice! I actually dine midwifery for a year but then dropped out as I wanted to pursuit something o childcare and noticed that midwifery was not for me

Ive been doing maternity support worker a couple of years and been encourage by my colleagues to do midwifery degree but it's not for me too. I want to move to working with school children
good luck. I know someone who did early childhood studies and then went on to do a PGdip in children's nursing. anything is possible :smile:
Ive been doing maternity support worker a couple of years and been encourage by my colleagues to do midwifery degree but it's not for me too. I want to move to working with school children

For me I'm plain to work with children between nusery up to year 3
I'd like to either work in a primary school or on a neonatal unit with newborns
Original post by ILoveSunsets
I'd like to either work in a primary school or on a neonatal unit with newborns

Yes u can work on a mother and baby unit. I know a lot of people working on my ward with health and social care and childcare course. It's really fun but id like to go into education studies now.
I see a lot of nursery nurse roles advertised by the NHS. do you need experience for it? @Childcare_Kellie
I see a lot of nursery nurse roles advertised by the NHS. do you need experience for it? @Childcare_Kellie

I would like too 😁
I would like too 😁

I'm a maternity support worker and the qualifications I have r health social care and childcare. We hv 2 nursery nurse on the postnatal ward who help with baby care, breastfeeding, sessions with parents and they work on two wards: postnatal (after women give birth) and neonatal. I don't know what happens on neonatal.

I work alongside them and You don't rlly need experience as full training given but I recommend experience to see if you enjoy. They need to have childcare qualifications.
Thanks for the info x I've sent out some emails to my local hospital already to see if I can do some placements
Thanks for the info x I've sent out some emails to my local hospital already to see if I can do some placements

I know couples of hospital places in South West London that you can try if you live close. Best phoning the department and asking too :smile:
I know couples of hospital places in South West London that you can try if you live close. Best phoning the department and asking too :smile:

Thank you I have a level 3 in health and social care and will be doing placement this year in January.

I live in Sout West London too :h:
I'm in South West London too! that's so cool. I would love to know a couple of hospitals too
Thank you I have a level 3 in health and social care and will be doing placement this year in January.

I live in Sout West London too :h:

london gang 😁

The Portland hospital- u can ask for placement in nursery nurse department. It's a private maternity hospital and a famous one!

Imperial college healthcare

South West London st George mental health

Queen Charlotte hospital

Chelsea and Westminster perinatal unit

Royal free hospital

UCLH

That's all I know but u can find more by searching the hospital name and seeing if da hospital has a perinatal/neonatal unit n go from der. Good luck and let me know what happens

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending