The Student Room Group

Short answers when texting

If she’s only responding with short sentences, how do I start to engage in a better conversation with her? We can have a good conversation in person, but I find it more difficult to actually talk to her over snapchat. Do you guys have any ideas on how I can catch her attention and start texting more frequently over snapchat? Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
If she’s only responding with short sentences, how do I start to engage in a better conversation with her? We can have a good conversation in person, but I find it more difficult to actually talk to her over snapchat. Do you guys have any ideas on how I can catch her attention and start texting more frequently over snapchat? Thank you

Some people just aren't great at texting and there isn't a lot you can do. If she doesn't want to send longer messages then there isn't really anything you could say to make her want to send longer texts. Are you able to talk to her over the phone instead?
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Some people just aren't great at texting and there isn't a lot you can do. If she doesn't want to send longer messages then there isn't really anything you could say to make her want to send longer texts. Are you able to talk to her over the phone instead?

I don’t have her phone number, and I don’t want to come across as intrusive if I tried calling her through snapchat. I was hoping we could get to that stage after further texting, but her short responses are a little disheartening. Thank you for the suggestion anyway, maybe longer conversations will come in time.
I don’t have her phone number, and I don’t want to come across as intrusive if I tried calling her through snapchat. I was hoping we could get to that stage after further texting, but her short responses are a little disheartening. Thank you for the suggestion anyway, maybe longer conversations will come in time.

To be honest, snapchat isn't the easiest of apps to use to have longer conversations, that could be another reason why she responds with short answers. If you want to have longer, deeper conversations with her, then I was ask for her number. Snapchat is good for the short conversations, but you should use something like WhatsApp or just normal texting for the longer ones. I wouldn't take it personally if she is responding in a short way, it doesn't sound like it is anything caused by you.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
To be honest, snapchat isn't the easiest of apps to use to have longer conversations, that could be another reason why she responds with short answers. If you want to have longer, deeper conversations with her, then I was ask for her number. Snapchat is good for the short conversations, but you should use something like WhatsApp or just normal texting for the longer ones. I wouldn't take it personally if she is responding in a short way, it doesn't sound like it is anything caused by you.

Ok, thank you for this reassurance. I’m thinking of asking her out for a coffee at some point before we go into a local lockdown or something, so maybe I could ask for her number then. I’ve only just started using snapchat because I never saw the excitement in it, so I’m happy to try just using iMessage instead. Thanks again for the advice.
Ok, thank you for this reassurance. I’m thinking of asking her out for a coffee at some point before we go into a local lockdown or something, so maybe I could ask for her number then. I’ve only just started using snapchat because I never saw the excitement in it, so I’m happy to try just using iMessage instead. Thanks again for the advice.

No problem, hope it goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending