The Student Room Group

Cardiff University A104 2021 Entry

Welcome to the Cardiff University A104 (Medicine with a Preliminary Year) 2021 Entry Discussion.

Cardiff A104 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022454

For general information click: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2021/medicine-with-a-preliminary-year-mbbch

For entry requirements click: (see above)

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is this just for applicants who didn’t chose the required A levels? or could you apply to this if you don’t meet the GCSE cut off of 9 8/9s?
Reply 2
Is UCAT used for 104?
Reply 3
Original post by Tried.
Is UCAT used for 104?

Yeah but idk to what extent.

.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:tongue:ointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:tongue:ointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
Can someone clarify whether graduates have to have sat the GAMSAT or UCAT for this course?
Reply 5
Hey guys, I recently applied for A100 but cardiff did not reject me; they rather said they would like to consider me for this A104 program. Is there anyone else in the same position as I am ? Also, did anyone get any interview invites?
Reply 6
Original post by Uniapplicant9
Can someone clarify whether graduates have to have sat the GAMSAT or UCAT for this course?

I am an international school leaver applicant and I have only taken UCAT for this
Reply 7
Has anyone heard about interviews for Cardiff yet?
Reply 8
Original post by Uniapplicant9

Definitely UCAT! I'm a graduate but I wasn't sure either, I ended up emailing before applying and it was UCAT for this course, GAMSAT for the 5-year course (for grads).
Original post by Isslit
Hey guys, I recently applied for A100 but cardiff did not reject me; they rather said they would like to consider me for this A104 program. Is there anyone else in the same position as I am ? Also, did anyone get any interview invites?

They did??
Does anyone know if this course goes into clearing or UCAS extra?
Original post by sara.m12
Does anyone know if this course goes into clearing or UCAS extra?

It hasn't in the last couple of years.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Anyone waiting to hear about offers/rejections post interview?
Reply 13
Original post by forgetrunaway
Anyone waiting to hear about offers/rejections post interview?

Yeah! I've been keeping up to date with the 5 year Cardiff A100 thread as I'm assuming the offers will be sent out around the same time considering we all interviewed together. Nobody's heard back yet and I think it will be another week or two - the email I got at the beginning of March said 3-4 weeks. The wait is literally killing me, I haven't heard back yet from anywhere I've interviewed :frown:
Original post by ce14222
Yeah! I've been keeping up to date with the 5 year Cardiff A100 thread as I'm assuming the offers will be sent out around the same time considering we all interviewed together. Nobody's heard back yet and I think it will be another week or two - the email I got at the beginning of March said 3-4 weeks. The wait is literally killing me, I haven't heard back yet from anywhere I've interviewed :frown:

Same! I’m in the exact same position, I’ve heard nothing post interview yet. I agree it will definitely not be for another couple weeks or so. The wait is killing me too :,(
Any of yous heard anything? Some A100 offers have been sent out
Reply 16
Original post by forgetrunaway
Any of yous heard anything? Some A100 offers have been sent out

I haven’t yet! I’m so nervous cos my friend heard from A100
Original post by Cme123
I haven’t yet! I’m so nervous cos my friend heard from A100

I haven’t heard either ahah glad it’s not just me I was so worried seeing that A100 ppl have heard
Offer last night on ucas but haven’t got an email from Cardiff yet! Anyone else ??
Reply 19
Original post by catherine468
Offer last night on ucas but haven’t got an email from Cardiff yet! Anyone else ??

Same!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending