The Student Room Group

CURRENT YEAR 12s: How's it going?

If you want, drop some info about yourself, what subjects are you doing, what things you have planned for the next year and perhaps what you want to do after sixth form?
Original post by turquoisedaisy
If you want, drop some info about yourself, what subjects are you doing, what things you have planned for the next year and perhaps what you want to do after sixth form?

Info: I'm a homeschooled student from England trying to find good extra-curriculars during this pandemic.
Subjects: A level Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Geography
Plans: Learn German, learn programming, get my desired scores in all my exams, and find some internships.
Post sixth form plan: Go to the uni for mechanical and electrical engineering.

What are yours?

I'm doing a level 3 diploma in health and social care, then hopefully moving onto uni once this is done. I want to pursue a career in social work. What about you?
Original post by Daryl_01
Info: I'm a homeschooled student from England trying to find good extra-curriculars during this pandemic.
Subjects: A level Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Geography
Plans: Learn German, learn programming, get my desired scores in all my exams, and find some internships.
Post sixth form plan: Go to the uni for mechanical and electrical engineering.

What are yours?

Sixth form, subjects are maths bio chem geography and hoping to go on to do medicine at university :smile:
Sixth form, subjects are maths bio chem geography and hoping to go on to do medicine at university :smile:

That's wonderful. I wish you the best with your studies.

I'm doing maths, Chem, bio and physics. I'm aspiring to do medicine at oxbridge:smile:
Hi :ciao: there’s already a thread for this here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6655046
its going...ok
studying maths fm phys n chem...dk what i wanna do at uni tho :/
Original post by Daryl_01
That's wonderful. I wish you the best with your studies.

thank you!!
Original post by Humairazaman
I'm doing maths, Chem, bio and physics. I'm aspiring to do medicine at oxbridge:smile:

same!! how are you finding biology? it's so interesting but the amount of content is insane😰
Original post by vix.xvi
its going...ok
studying maths fm phys n chem...dk what i wanna do at uni tho :/

that's great good luck! I would've encouraged you to go for medicine but biology is almost (*almost*) a necessity for the interview :\
same!! how are you finding biology? it's so interesting but the amount of content is insane😰

Biology is my easiest subject I'd say, but of course there is a lot of content. I've got graded tests next week so I guess that will tell me where I'm at:s-smilie: What about u?
Biology is my easiest subject I'd say, but of course there is a lot of content. I've got graded tests next week so I guess that will tell me where I'm at:s-smilie: What about u?

My first biology graded test is going to be on Monday:afraid: I sat my chemistry and maths ones yesterday and I think they they went decent.
Also did you change school for sixth form? Just curious bcs I feel like I'm the only one:lol:
My first biology graded test is going to be on Monday:afraid: I sat my chemistry and maths ones yesterday and I think they they went decent.
Also did you change school for sixth form? Just curious bcs I feel like I'm the only one:lol:

I have all my tests next week and the week after and I'm really scared lol. It's great that yours went well!
Yh I did change schools and it was probs the best decision I've ever made. How about u?
I have all my tests next week and the week after and I'm really scared lol. It's great that yours went well!
Yh I did change schools and it was probs the best decision I've ever made. How about u?

I changed school too! It's a grammar school and doing 4 AS levels is compulsory :frown: I was a bit nervous before joining but it's not that bad tbh
I was just curious about one thing: you know how we've done our GCSEs from state schools which were underperforming, will we be able to specify that on UCAS/to universities? Because if I recall correctly, achieving good GCSEs in a state school (instead of grammar/private) is seen as more "desirable" in the eyes of admissions tutors..

Quick Reply

Latest