The Student Room Group

Help! How do I fund my studies 2021?

I know this is a long shot but I need some help. Ive applied to 4 unis for Medicine in Scotland in 2021 and realised after that because I'm German I will have to pay full international fees from Dec 2020.

Can anyone help me with a possible way to fund my studies here? I have tried scholarships of course, I'm talking about things I can't look up online. Maybe there's a way to get around the international status?

Thanks so much!
Original post by MarieBernie
I know this is a long shot but I need some help. Ive applied to 4 unis for Medicine in Scotland in 2021 and realised after that because I'm German I will have to pay full international fees from Dec 2020.

Can anyone help me with a possible way to fund my studies here? I have tried scholarships of course, I'm talking about things I can't look up online. Maybe there's a way to get around the international status?

Thanks so much!

Just to get an idea where have you been living for the last 3 years and or the last 5 years? Is any of that in the UK and for how long.

You can either ring ukcisa for advice or I need to check or the person who pointed it out will refer you to a possible change in the rules which may save you issued c Aug 10th 2020 by the DOE on funding and EU.

Student Advice Line on +4420 7788 9214 which is open at the following times:

Monday to Friday (except for public holidays): 1.00pm to 4.00pm (UK time)

I will have to look for the link, bit it looked contrary to all the announcements in June about the end of home fee status. I wills ee if I cna find the thread as have been trying to find the time to read up on it. UKCisa will know for definite.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Just to get an idea where have you been living for the last 3 years and or the last 5 years? Is any of that in the UK and for how long.

You can either ring ukcisa for advice or I need to check or the person who pointed it out will refer you to a possible change in the rules which may save you issued c Aug 10th 2020 by the DOE on funding and EU.

Student Advice Line on +4420 7788 9214 which is open at the following times:

Monday to Friday (except for public holidays): 1.00pm to 4.00pm (UK time)

I will have to look for the link, bit it looked contrary to all the announcements in June about the end of home fee status. I wills ee if I cna find the thread as have been trying to find the time to read up on it. UKCisa will know for definite.

Hi there thanks for the reply. I have been living and studying in the UK since 2018 and have received saas funding for all those years.

I will try and ring ukcisa and hope they can give me an answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending