The Student Room Group

Will I be able to take out a student loan to fully fund my top-up year?

Hello,

I completed a HND in applied sciences at college from 2021 to 2023, fully funded by student finance. I have applied to university and been offered a place into the final year (3rd year) of BSc Biomedical Science for 2023-2024, this course is typically three years without advanced entry. Will I be able to take out a student loan to fully fund my top-up year?
Original post by bentobox
Hello,

I completed a HND in applied sciences at college from 2021 to 2023, fully funded by student finance. I have applied to university and been offered a place into the final year (3rd year) of BSc Biomedical Science for 2023-2024, this course is typically three years without advanced entry. Will I be able to take out a student loan to fully fund my top-up year?

Hi there,

Do you have any other previous study other than these 2 years?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Do you have any other previous study other than these 2 years?

Thanks,
Claire

No previous study unless my BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma that I studied right after leaving high school counts (16-18) (2019-2021).
(edited 8 months ago)
No previous study unless my BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma that I studied right after leaving high school counts (16-18) (2019-2021).

Thank you. You would then be able to apply via your account for your final year of funding. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you. You would then be able to apply via your account for your final year of funding. Thanks, Jason

I’d still receive funding even though I’d be entering into the final year? Wouldn’t the calculation be 1 + 1 - 2 = 0?
(edited 8 months ago)
I’d still receive funding even though I’d be entering into the final year? Wouldn’t the calculation be 1 + 1 - 2 = 0?

Hi there,

No, it is 3+1-2= 2 years.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending