The Student Room Group

AQA geography paper 1

Poll

Difficulty for AQA a level geog. paper 1

How did everyone find today's geography a level exam
It was OK but I didn't like the water and carbon cycle essay and the first hazards 9 mark question.
Reply 2
Original post by Penguin2002
It was OK but I didn't like the water and carbon cycle essay and the first hazards 9 mark question.

the question on seismic hazards offshore compared to inland?
Original post by barry24
the question on seismic hazards offshore compared to inland?

No, it was the one with the figures. I didn't know what it wanted. How did you find the water and carbon cycle essay?
Reply 4
No, it was the one with the figures. I didn't know what it wanted. How did you find the water and carbon cycle essay?

yeah was quite vague, I spoke about arable farming for crops and how when the soil is turned the carbon organic compounds are exposed to the air and carbon is transferred to the atmosphere, the spoke a bit about enhanced greenhouse effect and then just spoke about dairy farming with cows which release methane, which is a greenhouse gas so higher temperatures. That will lead to warmer ocean temperatures so they won't be able to hold as much co2 so positive feedback
Original post by barry24
yeah was quite vague, I spoke about arable farming for crops and how when the soil is turned the carbon organic compounds are exposed to the air and carbon is transferred to the atmosphere, the spoke a bit about enhanced greenhouse effect and then just spoke about dairy farming with cows which release methane, which is a greenhouse gas so higher temperatures. That will lead to warmer ocean temperatures so they won't be able to hold as much co2 so positive feedback

That makes me feel so much better. I also mentioned arable and pastoral farming but also talked about deforestation. I wasn't really sure about the carbon budget so it threw me a bit.
Reply 6
That makes me feel so much better. I also mentioned arable and pastoral farming but also talked about deforestation. I wasn't really sure about the carbon budget so it threw me a bit.

yeah you'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest