The Student Room Group

Grant Thornton Graduate Programme 2021

Anyone already begun latest GT application? Any tips for OT and VI? Many thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!I've just been invited to a video interview so doing my preparations now. I'm applying for a graduate programme in insolvency and forensics in London. The online tests were actually quite fun and not too hard! They flip between comprehension and numerical though so that's something new to me as most other places have separate tests for them both. I would really recommend looking at GT's CLEARR values and answering in line with these. I also found the personalised feedback really helpful - they send you a full document outlining your key strengths and weaknesses which can only help in the next stage going forward. Let me know how it goes and good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by bsmj6
Hi!I've just been invited to a video interview so doing my preparations now. I'm applying for a graduate programme in insolvency and forensics in London. The online tests were actually quite fun and not too hard! They flip between comprehension and numerical though so that's something new to me as most other places have separate tests for them both. I would really recommend looking at GT's CLEARR values and answering in line with these. I also found the personalised feedback really helpful - they send you a full document outlining your key strengths and weaknesses which can only help in the next stage going forward. Let me know how it goes and good luck!

Thanks my friend. I have just passed the OT, so excited! Now I am preparing for VI. Hope you good luck!
Reply 3
Hi! has anyone done the VI here please
Reply 4
Hi, I have applied for GT as well for Jan 2021 intake. Has anyone completed their VI yet?
Reply 5
Have GT London graduate programmes closed already?
Reply 6
Hi, how was the GT video interview? How many questions were there? Any tips for the VI?
The case study is absolutely horrible. There’s too much information to analyse quickly enough to read it all and then write a report within 20 minutes.
Hey Guys!
I just got a call from GT giving me the details etc for the digital interview. Has anyone done part 1 yet? what were the questions asked? :smile:
Original post by foreverconfused13
Hey Guys!
I just got a call from GT giving me the details etc for the digital interview. Has anyone done part 1 yet? what were the questions asked? :smile:

Don't ask for an unfair advantage. They are mostly competency based questions.
Original post by Jathwal11
The case study is absolutely horrible. There’s too much information to analyse quickly enough to read it all and then write a report within 20 minutes.

There's only 5 pieces of information to analyse, and very little of the essay response is regarding the information directly, most is about what each service line would do and what info is needed (not giving away anything, all that is listed on the test), im sorry but if you struggle with that how would you do well in a professional service firm?
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
There's only 5 pieces of information to analyse, and very little of the essay response is regarding the information directly, most is about what each service line would do and what info is needed (not giving away anything, all that is listed on the test), im sorry but if you struggle with that how would you do well in a professional service firm?

Took me a good 10 minutes to read the whole thing properly (including the question which seemed unnecessarily long!)

I work in accounting and have bounced around investment services for years so it’s not like I’m a stranger to information and fast paced work. Perhaps just crumbled under the pressure of knowing it’s assessed in this case!
Reply 12
Original post by Jathwal11

hey man, could you respond to the msg to your inbox. Thanks
Reply 13
Just got an email to say I passed part B of the online interview so will need to book on to an assessment day! Hope to see some of you there :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by bsmj6
Just got an email to say I passed part B of the online interview so will need to book on to an assessment day! Hope to see some of you there :smile:

Hey, Can you please share your experience regards the Case study? How did you manage the time pressure? Thanks!
I've been invited to complete the case study. Any tips?
Reply 16
Original post by bsmj6

Hi can you respond to my pm please
Hey guys, I am going to do my case study part today, any tips that you can give me and also what should I expect? Thanks.
Just heard back from them.. they said that I will have to schedule a phone call with them and they will talk to me about my feedback and I believe after I had scheduled the call they said that something along the lines that makes me believe I have passed. Did anyone else get that email and does that mean I’ve passed? I would really like if someone can share if they have received something similar so I can make sure if I have passed or not thanks.
Original post by TheLearner519
Just heard back from them.. they said that I will have to schedule a phone call with them and they will talk to me about my feedback and I believe after I had scheduled the call they said that something along the lines that makes me believe I have passed. Did anyone else get that email and does that mean I’ve passed? I would really like if someone can share if they have received something similar so I can make sure if I have passed or not thanks.

Yes, I received the same email. I have scheduled my call for early November. I assume it will be discussing the assessment centre.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending