The Student Room Group

help on question title

You need a.. question? A question that gives all which you said into a single answer?

I think you have the question in your question. How do mental disorders affect dreams?

From there you can write in a format like :

Lucid dreaming :The explanation first, some quirky facts about it, then compare normal people vs people with mental disorders.
And later, on the depression and dopamine, you can write: happiness level of dreams: explanation on what you mean by that, quirky facts, and then compare normal people vs people with mental disorders like addiction and depression.

I have no idea what you mean by a question but I get the brain exploding with ideas and the need for order.
Hope this helps you! Have a good day.
Reply 1
Original post by BelloNotBella
You need a.. question? A question that gives all which you said into a single answer?

I think you have the question in your question. How do mental disorders affect dreams?

From there you can write in a format like :

Lucid dreaming :The explanation first, some quirky facts about it, then compare normal people vs people with mental disorders.
And later, on the depression and dopamine, you can write: happiness level of dreams: explanation on what you mean by that, quirky facts, and then compare normal people vs people with mental disorders like addiction and depression.

I have no idea what you mean by a question but I get the brain exploding with ideas and the need for order.
Hope this helps you! Have a good day.

Thank you so much for your help! I'll look into that question and do some research. Do you think this question is good? "Can the creativity of dreams be purely explained through a neuroscientific approach?"

if that was my question, would I still be able to write about mental health disorders somewhere in my paragraphs?
Original post by Rxwa
Thank you so much for your help! I'll look into that question and do some research. Do you think this question is good? "Can the creativity of dreams be purely explained through a neuroscientific approach?"

if that was my question, would I still be able to write about mental health disorders somewhere in my paragraphs?

Glad it helped.
Well...
I suppose you could use that? I don't know how you would put mental disorders in there... I presume you could find a way, giving it some brain time.
I guess it is possible.

For some reason, my brain is getting stuck when going in that direction. But that may be because of sitting here at 3 in the night...
Also because I feel, no, it cant. If neuroscience cannot explain thoughts and creativity, it cannot explain creativity in dreams. And as my dear brother once said, once I see something in a negative light, I have a hard time focusing on it and try to make it look possible. Bad habit, I know.
I looked it up! They can't fully explain it, but they can explain it as far as a line can be explained! and they can even test the level of creativity!
Shook. Maybe I'll do one of those tests. Back to the subject. Yes, it can be used. example, directly answer the question 'can neuroscience explain the creativity of dreams with citations and explanations and etc etc" and then with the line: neuroscience has also been used to study how mental disorders affect dreams.
then on my original suggestion...

Lol this reminds me of a tip I heard from a teacher friend of mine. He said, if the essay is about a cow but you know near nothing about a cow, yet know about a tree, talk about the cow, talk about how to tie the cow to the tree, talk about the tree for a long long time and then talk about untying the cow, and then talk about how the cow is amazing and conclude, and bam! you get 4 pages worth of content about a cow.
He was a brilliant man. Sad part? I actually did it once and I got full for that... (not literally a cow and tree) Shows how hopeless some teachers are.

Nvm that. You are a literature student? Interested in neuroscience? That is very cool.
Reply 3
Original post by BelloNotBella
Glad it helped.
Well...
I suppose you could use that? I don't know how you would put mental disorders in there... I presume you could find a way, giving it some brain time.
I guess it is possible.

For some reason, my brain is getting stuck when going in that direction. But that may be because of sitting here at 3 in the night...
Also because I feel, no, it cant. If neuroscience cannot explain thoughts and creativity, it cannot explain creativity in dreams. And as my dear brother once said, once I see something in a negative light, I have a hard time focusing on it and try to make it look possible. Bad habit, I know.
I looked it up! They can't fully explain it, but they can explain it as far as a line can be explained! and they can even test the level of creativity!
Shook. Maybe I'll do one of those tests. Back to the subject. Yes, it can be used. example, directly answer the question 'can neuroscience explain the creativity of dreams with citations and explanations and etc etc" and then with the line: neuroscience has also been used to study how mental disorders affect dreams.
then on my original suggestion...

Lol this reminds me of a tip I heard from a teacher friend of mine. He said, if the essay is about a cow but you know near nothing about a cow, yet know about a tree, talk about the cow, talk about how to tie the cow to the tree, talk about the tree for a long long time and then talk about untying the cow, and then talk about how the cow is amazing and conclude, and bam! you get 4 pages worth of content about a cow.
He was a brilliant man. Sad part? I actually did it once and I got full for that... (not literally a cow and tree) Shows how hopeless some teachers are.

Nvm that. You are a literature student? Interested in neuroscience? That is very cool.

Oh, so It's fine if I include mental disorders to somehow answer the question. You've helped me so much so thank you! I really like your ideas. It's starting to come together in a way. So, first I would use neuroscience and neuroscientific research + studies to explains the creativity of dreams, then I can move on to the mental disorders and how they affect dreams through neuroscience. I could then talk about the psychological approach and how that criticises the neuroscientific perspective. For instance, I could use Freud's ideas and research and somehow include lucid dreaming. I guess I could also link depression into this too as people with depression overthink most of the time + think about sad memories so when they go to sleep REM triggers certain memories and so they dream about their thoughts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending