The Student Room Group

I have no space to study

I have no study space. I live in a flat/block. My mom and sister sleeps in my room and my dad has a double sized bed in the other room and a wardrobe and all that as per usual and my sitting room is connected to my kitchen and they all hang out in the sitting room/kitchen and my dad blasts his iPad there so I cant learn there or concentrate and my sister also uses the table and I literally have no space to revise

Ive been dealing with it and just using a spall side table but my back is tired and its hurting so much and I have no space to sit in front of my bed and revise because mom and sister take up all the space sleeping there.

Ive reached my limit and I feel so done I don't know what to do.

I have November mocks in less than 10 days and I'm lost. Low income family so I cant do anything and libraries are shutting. School library is also closed and I cant go out to friends house or anywhere out cuz I'm not allowed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can't you go to a library?
I am in a similar situation. I have no desk and have to sit on my bed to work. I'm in agony from sitting there 8 hours a day.
Keep trying because it won't be long until you can get a place at uni and move up in the world.
Seems hard right now but you'll be glad when you're done. Good luck.
Original post by Boopobeep
I have no study space. I live in a flat/block. My mom and sister sleeps in my room and my dad has a double sized bed in the other room and a wardrobe and all that as per usual and my sitting room is connected to my kitchen and they all hang out in the sitting room/kitchen and my dad blasts his iPad there so I cant learn there or concentrate and my sister also uses the table and I literally have no space to revise

Ive been dealing with it and just using a spall side table but my back is tired and its hurting so much and I have no space to sit in front of my bed and revise because mom and sister take up all the space sleeping there.

Ive reached my limit and I feel so done I don't know what to do.

I have November mocks in less than 10 days and I'm lost. Low income family so I cant do anything and libraries are shutting. School library is also closed and I cant go out to friends house or anywhere out cuz I'm not allowed.

Can you not study in your dad's room, since he's in the kitchen/living room anyway?
Go to a friends house to study
Reply 5
Ask your dad to mute his ipad/use earphones/use it somewhere else, and tell siblings to piss off if necessary.
Reply 6
He has no desk he only has drawers and wardrobes and just bags of clothes and suitcases. Plus, Im not allowed in his room anyway. I cant revise on the bed either because it isn't exactly high quality.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Go to a friends house to study

I am not allowed to go out. This includes friends houses and parks etc.
Reply 8
Not allowed to go out
Reply 9
Original post by Xarao

libraries are closed and I am not allowed to go out on my own anyway
Original post by Xarao

Libraries are closed you doughnut
Listen, you’re not allowed to go out?
Then there’s nothing you can do but fail your mocks mate
Not allowed to go out

Are you under house arrest or what?
Reply 13
Original post by Ne en mia nomo
Are you under house arrest or what?

Strict parent. Mom won't rebuttle my dad so I can't do anything. I can't exactly go with my mom to my library because then my sister would tag along and libraries are sparse in my area.

House arrest would probably have been better.
Strict parent. Mom won't rebuttle my dad so I can't do anything. I can't exactly go with my mom to my library because then my sister would tag along and libraries are sparse in my area.

House arrest would probably have been better.

You have to let your school know about your circumstances, they might accommodate you somehow, you shouldn't suffer in silence.
Are you allowed to go to school?
well why won't you guys just stick around people with bigger rooms you don't have to study only at home especially when you are reciting you should be alone its better when its quiet and on top of a hill or a park or a river side
Reply 16
Original post by Ne en mia nomo
You have to let your school know about your circumstances, they might accommodate you somehow, you shouldn't suffer in silence.
Are you allowed to go to school?

Yep. School as normal, I go to school by myself and return myself. Revising at home and trying to accommodate my revision according to the resources I have is the only issue. Luckily, my school gives Chromebooks or else it would have been worse for me.
Reply 17
I am not allowed to go out. This includes friends houses and parks etc.

1st you'll have to Convince your parents to allow you to go out..
Lmao
Yep. School as normal, I go to school by myself and return myself. Revising at home and trying to accommodate my revision according to the resources I have is the only issue. Luckily, my school gives Chromebooks or else it would have been worse for me.

Can't you stay in school for an hour after lessons end? You need to tell someone - is this council housing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending