The Student Room Group

UCAS Change of course

Hi, so I’ve applied to do Social Work through UCAS and have received 2 offers out of the 5 but I now wish that I applied for Early Childhood studies. Is there any chance at all that once I receive my A-level results, I can change my course to this field instead?
Reply 1
Original post by ED.631
Hi, so I’ve applied to do Social Work through UCAS and have received 2 offers out of the 5 but I now wish that I applied for Early Childhood studies. Is there any chance at all that once I receive my A-level results, I can change my course to this field instead?

Why wait till after your A-level results? Contact the universities who have made you offers and ask if they would consider you for the other course.
Reply 2
Hi, if you want to wait for results day you can enter clearing on the day. However, for a university to give you a place on the childhood studies course you will have to decline all other offers you've received. Its on a first come first served basis for universities so would be good to keep an eye out to see if these courses are in clearing and note down the admissions phone numbers prior to results day. You can call up the universities to ask if they would potentially have some space but they cannot fully elaborate until you've declined all offers and officially entered into clearing. If you change your mind and want to change before results you can decline your offers now and enter into the UCAS extra scheme. Overall it all depends on if the university has space on their course.
Don’t wait for results.

Ring on Monday. Universities can and will switch your offer to a different course if they have the space and you meet the requirements.
Reply 4
And as Childhood Studies tends not to be that competitive, its very likely that you will get the switch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending