The Student Room Group

Where to visit in europe

Ive never really been abroad (once when i was 2 but cant remember so i dont count it lol), what countries in europe are the most interesting and have cool history. i ask because could possibly go somewhere soon so want to consider options.

Scroll to see replies

Anywhere but England.
Reply 2
Original post by rxyaltyx
Anywhere but England.

haha lol thats where i live bro and i agree
Reply 3
Original post by felix45444
Ive never really been abroad (once when i was 2 but cant remember so i dont count it lol), what countries in europe are the most interesting and have cool history. i ask because could possibly go somewhere soon so want to consider options.

Depends how long you have. Are you wanting one place or are you planning a long trip?
You may have to wait a while before you can go. What you would find interesting will depend on you and your interests. If you have learned a language at school (say to GCSE level), perhaps start with a country that speaks that language.

Greece and Italy are the countries you must going to, if you are interest in Ancient history. There are even some cities in Germany with this ancient flair. You can find some of them in the palatinate, with Trier as the oldest German city coined by Roman influences.
Reply 6
Original post by Tw1x
Depends how long you have. Are you wanting one place or are you planning a long trip?

a quick one place trip mate, like a week or so
Reply 7
Original post by barnetlad
You may have to wait a while before you can go. What you would find interesting will depend on you and your interests. If you have learned a language at school (say to GCSE level), perhaps start with a country that speaks that language.

i speak a tiny bit of italian so possibly italy, thanks mate
Reply 8
Original post by Kallisto
Greece and Italy are the countries you must going to, if you are interest in Ancient history. There are even some cities in Germany with this ancient flair. You can find some of them in the palatinate, with Trier as the oldest German city coined by Roman influences.

i think ill consider italy, from your recommendation of history and another guy suggesting language because i speak a lil italian, thanks mate
i think ill consider italy, from your recommendation of history and another guy suggesting language because i speak a lil italian, thanks mate

You made a good choice and if Covid-19 would not be so drastic in Italy, you can go there without any worries. :redface:

Slovenia is lovely but anywhere away from jelly is good.
Original post by Rufus the red

:slap:
Gibraltar
sweden, norway, finland

I love the nordics
Original post by kingofiqtests
sweden, norway, finland

I love the nordics

So many people said this, but no one really loves Denmark. :frown: For information: It is also a Nordic country
France

Depends what you want to see.

Personal fvourites of mine:
The Arden forest, Rome, Northern Italian alps, IonIon isles, Krakow.

I hear Prague, Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, Venice are all popular.
Reply 18
Original post by Rufus the red

Ah i miss Slovenia, Ljubljana and lake Bled were beautiful!
Reply 19
Finlands meant to be nice, if somewhat cold, plus you can get the boat over to Piter :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest