The Student Room Group

Never Let Me Go GCSE

So I'm doing OCR English Literature GCSE, studying NLMG, but only one class in my year at school does it (the rest do An Inspector Calls) and I'm struggling with analysis and language features. For part B you have to pick another moment relating to a theme and I have trouble analysing any single moment in lots of detail.
If anyone has advice or some good resources (not just sparknotes) it would be massively appreciated, thank you!
Original post by mandyelicup
So I'm doing OCR English Literature GCSE, studying NLMG, but only one class in my year at school does it (the rest do An Inspector Calls) and I'm struggling with analysis and language features. For part B you have to pick another moment relating to a theme and I have trouble analysing any single moment in lots of detail.
If anyone has advice or some good resources (not just sparknotes) it would be massively appreciated, thank you!

i suggest mr bruff and mr salles for analysis in the three books your doing for english lit which books are u studying ? and they both do detailed exam questions on language struture and form
Original post by hijarbie2019
i suggest mr bruff and mr salles for analysis in the three books your doing for english lit which books are u studying ? and they both do detailed exam questions on language struture and form

Ok thank you so much! I'm doing never let me go, macbeth and poetry (we were going to do a christmas carol but dropped it)
Your welcome Are you doing power and conflict I did that last yr mr Bruff has a grade 9 analysis of never let me go and and of each character and the plot In Macbeth he also has videos on how to structure essay really helped boost my grades since my school never use to teach us
Original post by hijarbie2019
Your welcome Are you doing power and conflict I did that last yr mr Bruff has a grade 9 analysis of never let me go and and of each character and the plot In Macbeth he also has videos on how to structure essay really helped boost my grades since my school never use to teach us

Yes we are doing power and conflict, will use those videos :smile:
Do you have a revision guide?
Original post by tinygirl96
Do you have a revision guide?

I have a 'Snap revision' guide for never let me go, but it's much more of an overview than a nuanced view of the text. I have CGP guide for Macbeth (which I find ok anyway), would you happen to know a good never let me go revision guide? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending