The Student Room Group

Small room

My bedroom is pretty small, it’s do able and it’s not too bad once you get used to it. When we moved into the house there was an argument about who’s sharing a room and everything so a I come back from somewhere hearing everything because I come in through the front door. I just go upstairs and I come back down again then I decided to step in and I just say wait we’ve got a box room that won’t be used for anything so why can’t I have that so we just went with that. I could have had a big room but shared with a sibling which I would hate especially as I’m an adult or I could have had a box room and it would have been on my own so I just went with that tbf. Its ok, I can still chill, go on my phone, laptop or whatever and I can go in the lounge anytime as well. I’m currently seeing a girl, she’s got to share a room with her sister, then her baby brother who’s young enough to be her son, then her brother has to share a room with his son and her mum has her own room downstairs I think so what I’m trying to say is having a small room isn’t that bad.

The thing is I’m just worried people might judge me or make comments about it and **** like call me a scruff or something. I just have told people the option I had that I could have shared a room or had my own small room but many people just don’t understand.

To everyone reading would you rather have a small room just big enough for a bit of space with a single bed or would you rather share a mid size/ large room?
Reply 1
??????
I expect many people would go for the box room to themselves rather than the shared room, esp when getting to an age where they really appreciate privacy for.. various reasons.
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
I expect many people would go for the box room to themselves rather than the shared room, esp when getting to an age where they really appreciate privacy for.. various reasons.

Yep exactly, my box room is a bit smaller though than what people would class as a box room it’s actually very small to be honest but I’m not really bothered I’m just bothered about people judging me
I'd prefer a box room to myself. I actually have a small room myself and it works well enough. I don't have many people round so the ones that make the cut aren't the judgemental type.
Reply 5
Original post by ashtolga23
I'd prefer a box room to myself. I actually have a small room myself and it works well enough. I don't have many people round so the ones that make the cut aren't the judgemental type.

Yes yours is probably bigger than mine but still like I said in original post I’m currently seeing a girl, she’s got to share a room with her sister, then her baby brother who’s young enough to be her son, then her brother has to share a room with his son and her mum has her own room downstairs so it’s better than that. She doesn’t mind it because that’s their childhood home and she’s got all her family around her
Haha I have this same situation at home actually.
I'm a girl and have two older brothers and they share this quite large room with a nice bay window, and I have a tiny box room. Tbh it used to annoy me cos my room was too small for sleepovers and stuff, but I couldn't share with them anyway cos I'm a girl.
I felt like I wasn't as close with my brothers as they were with each other cos they'd talk for ages at night and stuff, but I guess the dynamics changed over time cos we all get on well now
I guess I do like having my own, smaller room for privacy and stuff, cos I'm quite a private person, but maybe I became that way cos I always had my own room :getmecoat:
I would rather live in a cardboard box
Original post by Anonymous

it would have good ventilation tbf
Reply 9
Haha I have this same situation at home actually.
I'm a girl and have two older brothers and they share this quite large room with a nice bay window, and I have a tiny box room. Tbh it used to annoy me cos my room was too small for sleepovers and stuff, but I couldn't share with them anyway cos I'm a girl.
I felt like I wasn't as close with my brothers as they were with each other cos they'd talk for ages at night and stuff, but I guess the dynamics changed over time cos we all get on well now
I guess I do like having my own, smaller room for privacy and stuff, cos I'm quite a private person, but maybe I became that way cos I always had my own room :getmecoat:

Yes it’s probably better for a guy and girl not to share, my gfs little brother does with her sister as well but the guys only a baby and small then my gf and her sister are only small, I think my gf is 5ft and half then her sister is 5ft 1 but their brother are probably going to grow so it might get hard to share a room as he gets older. But also my gf and her sister didn’t like each other growing up, quite a big age gap she’s 32 but her sister is 19 or 20 but now they are like best friends and they look like they are around the same age and look so much like each other. Im only 5 foot 5 but still wouldn’t like sharing a room I’d rather have this small room

Than have a small room?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending