The Student Room Group

No confidence with boys?

Why do I have no confidence with boys? I am at university and I just never get further than kissing anyone even though I am definitely ready, how do I get over this? Does anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
Let it happen naturally, it will
Never mind, love is a waste of time, anyway.
Original post by Anonymous
Why do I have no confidence with boys? I am at university and I just never get further than kissing anyone even though I am definitely ready, how do I get over this? Does anyone have any advice?

Do you have no confidence with anyone or just boys? Like someone else said, don't force it, just let it flow.
Reply 4
Original post by sunny.side.up
Do you have no confidence with anyone or just boys? Like someone else said, don't force it, just let it flow.

When I’m drunk yes haha, but still i don’t have full confidence

Why not try when not drunk?
Reply 6
Why not try when not drunk?

I’m not sure I can? I have anxiety haha
I’m not sure I can? I have anxiety haha

Just go for it, my love! :h:
Reply 8
Just go for it, my love! :h:

How do I put myself out there at university without using tinder?😂

If you see a boy you are interested in, literally just walk up to him.
i think its the hype around the 'first time' you know
just let it happen- and if it doesn't, make it happen (only if you want to ofc). trust me after going past just making out with someone once it'll feel much easier in the future.
just being a little tipsy helps too

I wouldnt recommend trying to flirt with guys especially with guys at uni whilst drunk aha. But why not join societies and clubs etc, build your confidence there. Make music and let people know about you, this will automatically pull people towards you, go out more and join different friend groups. Dont go searching for the guy, they will come to you. If you still having trouble pm me x I know the kinda sitch you are in
Reply 12
Advice is, don't think about it

No-one actually really cares about anything, and if you do something "wrong", it's not really a big deal.

Get on here and say, "Someone come take me out for chicken nuggets and bang me like a drum." and then when you get responses, you can say "Gah. Those guys were too thirsty. I have standards."

Then, you'll still be alone but now it's a choice. Bam. Confidence building done!
Reply 14
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Get on here and say, "Someone come take me out for chicken nuggets and bang me like a drum." and then when you get responses, you can say "Gah. Those guys were too thirsty. I have standards."

Then, you'll still be alone but now it's a choice. Bam. Confidence building done!

my god what a smooth line I'm impressed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending