The Student Room Group

Good A Levels for English Lit at Cambridge?

Are the A Levels I'm doing (I'm currently a Year 12) good for English at Cambridge? I've done a bit of research before, but I just need to check.

They are:
-English Literature (obviously).
-Ancient History.
-French.

Any replies appreciated, especially more in depth responses. Thanks! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
I think they are fine
Original post by NY3
I think they are fine

Thanks
Bump
Reply 4
Original post by Purplemonkeys
Are the A Levels I'm doing (I'm currently a Year 12) good for English at Cambridge? I've done a bit of research before, but I just need to check.

They are:
-English Literature (obviously).
-Ancient History.
-French.

Any replies appreciated, especially more in depth responses. Thanks! :smile:

Hey! I've applied this year so hopefully my reply could be helpful (although don't take it as the universal truth)
I'm taking English lit, History and Religious Studies.
From what I've heard unis love it if you take History for A-levels when applying for English in order to be able to make historical and contextual links especially with the Cambridge course (which you have) as well as a language since that would help you with the actual linguistics studies in the English degree because you'll be studying how language changes and etc (or at least I'm 90% sure its on the course).
So it looks like your A-level choices are pretty spot on! However, obviously its important that you also enjoy all your subjects and aren't just taking them because they look good (many people have done that and regretted it because they haven't enjoyed studying the subject for 2 years)
Good Luck for next year !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending