The Student Room Group

Fine Art Applicants 2021

Hi all, introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying! :hello:

University choices:
What subject(s) are currently studying?:
Predicted A2/BTEC/etc grades:
GCSE grades:
Why Fine Art?: This is a question you will likely be asked at interview so it's best to get an answer together sooner rather than later!
Tell us an interesting fact about yourself?

Good luck with your applications everyone :grouphugs: For portfolio advice this thread is super useful! Check out the UCAS Applications megathread >> Here

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I’m Emma :smile: I’ve applied for Newcastle, Edinburgh, Dundee , Nottingham Trent & Manchester met ! I’m hoping to get an offer from Newcastle and be able to put it as my first choice !

I’m currently studying Art , English lit & sociology, with the predicted grades A A A

I’d love to get to know some others who are applying for fine art :smile:
Reply 2
Hi I'm Leah and I am applying for both art foundations and Fine art this year (so many applications lol) but for UCAS I have applied for University of Arts London, The Slade, Lancaster, Arts Uni Bournemouth and Newcastle!Really I would prefer to be accepted by my Foundation years tbh just to build a portfolio. I'm applying for Glasgow school of art, The Royal Drawing School, Uni of Arts London, Leeds art, Ravensbourne and Loughborough. Ideally, RDS UAL of GSoA are my top choices. For Ba's, again I am not too fussed but if the Slade gives me an offer, well I just GOT to go. Its the Slade duh. Currently studying Art. English Lit and History, with predicted A* A BIts so hard to find fine art applicants online lol I hope everyone gets their offers!
Reply 3
Original post by lxstth
Hi! I’m Emma :smile: I’ve applied for Newcastle, Edinburgh, Dundee , Nottingham Trent & Manchester met ! I’m hoping to get an offer from Newcastle and be able to put it as my first choice !

I’m currently studying Art , English lit & sociology, with the predicted grades A A A

I’d love to get to know some others who are applying for fine art :smile:

I hope it's going well! have you got a portfolio ready?
Reply 4
Original post by nxddlx
I hope it's going well! have you got a portfolio ready?

Thank you! :smile: I’m in the process of getting it ready but I’m finding it very stressful! I’m planning on submitting it to Dundee and Nottingham Trent by tonight 😬 how is yours coming along? It’s really nice to find another art applicant online! I’ve been struggling to find anyone!
Reply 5
Original post by lxstth
Thank you! :smile: I’m in the process of getting it ready but I’m finding it very stressful! I’m planning on submitting it to Dundee and Nottingham Trent by tonight 😬 how is yours coming along? It’s really nice to find another art applicant online! I’ve been struggling to find anyone!

AHH that's so stressful good for you! I've just started but my UCAS has not submitted yet so I am giving some time, plus one of my foundation yeas asks for specific items lol so I need to do some more work ahhhhhh. I hope it goes well! It is so hard to find art students, STEM students outnumber us
😤
😤
😤
Reply 6
I’m becca:smile:I’ve applied to UWE Bristol, Cardiff Met, Bournemouth, Falmouth and Brighton.I’m currently taking Art, Pre-U English and Pre-U History and my predicted grades are ABB! (technically A,M1, M2)
Reply 7
Hi becca! I hope everything is going well for you :smile: would either of you be interested in starting a fine art group chat on Instagram so we can keep up with each other and give each other advice? :smile:
Reply 8
i'm also applying to do fine art at Edinburgh Bristol uwe and Falmouth - do you know anything bout them? what the courses are like ? currently doing foundation at ual.
Reply 9
Original post by er2404
i'm also applying to do fine art at Edinburgh Bristol uwe and Falmouth - do you know anything bout them? what the courses are like ? currently doing foundation at ual.

In terms of falmouth i know that they have a reputation in being really great for the arts
Reply 10
Original post by er2404

Hi, sorry I cant answer your question lol but whats UAL foundation year like? do you know whats the interview like too?
Reply 11
I think it depends - csm is a 1-to-1 interview I think, camberwell you just take your portfolio in and they look through it without you being there
hi, I'm currently doing the foundation at the RDS and would be grateful if anyone had suggestions for a degree in fine art (preferably quite traditional)? I'm thinking of Edinburgh and Newcastle but does anyone know of any others?
Reply 13
Original post by alice00201
hi, I'm currently doing the foundation at the RDS and would be grateful if anyone had suggestions for a degree in fine art (preferably quite traditional)? I'm thinking of Edinburgh and Newcastle but does anyone know of any others?

Loughbrough and Glasgow school of art could be good schools to look at
hi i’m elliot! i’ve applied to newcastle, norwich uni of art, aberystwyth, edinburgh, and UAL :smile:
newcastle will definitely be my first choice so fingers crossed i get an offer!

i’m currently studying Art, History, Drama and Physics and my predicted grades are A*A*A*A
Hi!! My name is Sophie and I applied earlier this year
University choices: UCL, Nottingham trent (they've already rejected me lol), Oxford Brookes, loughborough and UCA
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Art, Psychology and English literature
Predicted A2/BTEC/etc grades: A*BB (+A for EPQ)
GCSE grades: 987655554
Why Fine Art?: It's my favourite thing ever!
Reply 16
Hi! Some of us already have a group chat on Instagram and it would be great if anyone else wants to join! Let me know your username if you do and I’ll add you :smile:
Original post by lxstth
Hi! Some of us already have a group chat on Instagram and it would be great if anyone else wants to join! Let me know your username if you do and I’ll add you :smile:

Omg yes please! My ig is the same as my username x
hi, I'm Emma and I'm applying for fine art at Newcastle, Edinburgh, Leeds and loughborough,
studying Art, English lit and graphic design, really hoping to go to either Newcastle or Edinburgh!
how's everyone getting on with their offers?? :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Emma1801
hi, I'm Emma and I'm applying for fine art at Newcastle, Edinburgh, Leeds and loughborough,
studying Art, English lit and graphic design, really hoping to go to either Newcastle or Edinburgh!
how's everyone getting on with their offers?? :smile:

I’ve applied for Loughborough, Nottingham Trent and DMU where I’m currently on Foundation. I’ve had a conditional offer from DMU, sent my portfolio and a written statement to NTU a couple of weeks ago but heard nothing, and had an interview with Loughborough this week. The wait is killing me

Latest