The Student Room Group

Wireless headphones recommendations

I don't remember if there's a thread for this somewhere, but I can't find it.

Anyway, I'm looking for a pair of high-quality wireless headphones that will reliably last a couple of years. I was looking at the new Sony WH-1000XM4s but am not sure whether these are really worth it over the XM3s since the price difference is pretty significant. Any other recommendations are welcome. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Theloniouss

Anyway, I'm looking for a pair of high-quality wireless headphones that will reliably last a couple of years. I was looking at the new Sony WH-1000XM4s but am not sure whether these are really worth it over the XM3s since the price difference is pretty significant. Any other recommendations are welcome. Thanks :smile:

The XM3s are my go-to recommendation for this sort of all-rounder premium Bluetooth headset. The XM4's improvements are mostly incremental, things like connecting two devices over bluetooth simultaneously (e.g streaming music from a laptop while having the phone connected to take calls), improved ANC (but the XM3's noise cancelling is perfectly respectable and if you wanted to spend more to chase better ANC, you'd be better off going for Bose anyway) and better mics with talkthrough functionality.
Thanks both. Given me a bit to think about
Original post by Theloniouss

Ive got the XM3 and they are very good. The XM4 didnt seem like worth the extra cost as not much improvement was made.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending