The Student Room Group

What do you think of 11:32 for 2 miles?

I know it's good but where would that put me in the pack of a Park Run if I was to keep it up for another mile and finish in under 18 minutes.

I did a Park Run before lock down and was a lot unfitter then but I am just wondering as I intend to win one as one of my goals. I know I am probably not there yet but is 11:32 for 2 miles decent? Would finishing 5k in under 18 minutes have me being one of the first to finish do you think?

I know it depends who's at the Park Run etc, but if you were to guess?

I've been running for just under two years so it's not like I am stuck at a certain level, I am quite new but I am continuously improving.
Reply 1
Original post by Callum482
I know it's good but where would that put me in the pack of a Park Run if I was to keep it up for another mile and finish in under 18 minutes.

I did a Park Run before lock down and was a lot unfitter then but I am just wondering as I intend to win one as one of my goals. I know I am probably not there yet but is 11:32 for 2 miles decent? Would finishing 5k in under 18 minutes have me being one of the first to finish do you think?

I've been running for just under two years so it's not like I am stuck at a certain level, I am quite new but I am continuously improving.

That sounds like a great time. Well done!

I did a 5km run 2 and a half years ago. The guy who won did it in about 20 minutes. So on that basis 18minutes would be a great time
It's decent. Now work on getting it close to 5 min/mile.

Original post by oglez92
The guy who won did it in about 20 minutes.

That isn't a particularly great time. I'm not that familiar with 5k times, but relatively competitive 10ks will have the top runners finishing around the 32 minute mark.
Reply 3
Original post by Callum482

Although not very many Park Runs happening in the UK right now, there are still a few, you can see the results here https://www.parkrun.org.uk/results/firstfinishers/
Reply 4
Original post by Calibrated.
It's decent. Now work on getting it close to 5 min/mile.

That isn't a particularly great time. I'm not that familiar with 5k times, but relatively competitive 10ks will have the top runners finishing around the 32 minute mark.

I was thinking 20 minutes is a bit slow for a winner.
11:32 omgggggggggg

mines like 32 mins wtf

acc idek cuz ive never run two miles, but we did the 1500 in school lol and i got like 15 mins idek
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest