The Student Room Group

Closest degree to Law degree

So I wanted to initially study Law but I can't because my predicted grades are BBB and i can't move outside London and unis in London ask for A*AA to ABB so what's the degree closest to Law because I I can't get rejected by all unis.
Reply 1
Original post by fardina
So I wanted to initially study Law but I can't because my predicted grades are BBB and i can't move outside London and unis in London ask for A*AA to ABB so what's the degree closest to Law because I I can't get rejected by all unis.

Criminology
London Met requires BBC for their LLB; I'm sure there are quite a few other law degrees in London that require BBB or less.
Reply 3
what do you mean by closest? subject wise, style wise? why does your degree have to be close to a law degree; are you just interested in law or what are you thinking? would you do like a joint degree like law and business or like PPE?
Reply 4
Original post by fardina

Westminster uni needs BBC to ABB
Reply 5
Original post by Tashax2
Westminster uni needs BBC to ABB

Birbeck uni needs BBC to BBB
Reply 6
Original post by Tashax2
Birbeck uni needs BBC to BBB

Middlesex needs BBB
Original post by fardina

History is the one considered the most closely related but it depends on what A levels you are doing as what is realistic?
Original post by fardina

Hi, I am a student at London met uni and they offer a great LLB Law degree. they have excellent facilities that helped two of their legal students to come an impressive fifth place out of 64 universities. You’ll also have the opportunity to join the unis new group mentoring programme in collaboration with international law firm Clyde & Co and business charity the East London Business Alliance. Created specifically for first-year students, you can apply to join and attend law offices near to the Goulston Street base, for six interactive sessions with qualified lawyers, in order to gain confidence in and discuss options for entering the legal profession.
The entry requirement is a minimum of grades BBC in three A levels (or a minimum of 112 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC National, OCR Diploma or Advanced Diploma) and English Language GCSE at grade C/grade 4 or above (or equivalent).
London met has a great community feel and everyone is so friendly which is exactly what you need when studying for a degree. lecturers are really hands-on and constantly checking up with you to see your progress and always willing to help. if you want to find out more info about the course e.g. the module breakdowns etc. I definitely suggest visiting the course webpage on the London Met website.
I hope this helps and if you have any questions please do ask!
You could always do another degree like Philosophy, History, Politics, degrees similar to Law then do an LPC conversion course
Original post by fardina

Uni of Westminster BBC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending