The Student Room Group

Computer science and Mathematics course in Queen Mary university

After graduating in Computer science and Mathematics course in Queen Mary university, can I study another year for my Computer Science MSci degree, and eventually get a PHd in computer science? Or for this do I need to do a BSci in Computer Science alone?
Thanks for your time
Original post by felipepuigga
After graduating in Computer science and Mathematics course in Queen Mary university, can I study another year for my Computer Science MSci degree, and eventually get a PHd in computer science? Or for this do I need to do a BSci in Computer Science alone?
Thanks for your time

No, you can probably go straight to doing an MSci in CS, it depends on the university that you want to do your MSci at.
Yea you can go straight to the Masters np. Many PhDs in CS did a BSc in Maths then a Masters in a math / CS subject then onto the PhD. If you were getting into AI a CS + Maths BSc is probably the best route anyway.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by PrettymuchGod
Yea you can go straight to the Masters np. Many PhDs in CS did a BSc in Maths then a Masters in a math / CS subject then onto the PhD. If you were getting into AI a CS + Maths BSc is probably the best route anyway.

Great! Thanks!
I have a question,you see at QMUL do you need a level maths for bsc computer science,i am currently studying the IB math SL??
Original post by felipepuigga
Thanks for your time

i have a question for you.You see at QMUL for bsc computer science do they require a level maths, i am currently studying the IB maths SL???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending