The Student Room Group

A Level mocks next month what to do?

As mentioned above, I have proper mocks next month and honestly I'm stumped on how to prepare or where to start. I feel overwhelmed as I have to teach myself the content for 2 of my A Levels. How to efficiently make use of one month to cover everything? It's based on both year 1 and 2 content.
Reply 1
What subjects?
Reply 2
Original post by M2003J
What subjects?

Maths, Economics and German
Reply 3
Original post by Hiro2468
Maths, Economics and German

I mean I can only speak for maths, but I recommend doing practice papers as these are good indicators of what actually tends to come up in exams and may be similar to what you will see in your mocks. Learning specific phrases that the mark scheme uses is also a good idea. For essay subjects, it’s also beneficial to look at the mark scheme so that you know exactly what they are looking for, so you can focus on exactly that and nothing else.

Hope this helps.
Reply 4
Original post by M2003J
I mean I can only speak for maths, but I recommend doing practice papers as these are good indicators of what actually tends to come up in exams and may be similar to what you will see in your mocks. Learning specific phrases that the mark scheme uses is also a good idea. For essay subjects, it’s also beneficial to look at the mark scheme so that you know exactly what they are looking for, so you can focus on exactly that and nothing else.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! For maths from the past papers I've done or seen, they still haven't prepared me for the harder questions that I encounter when doing mocks. What should I do when even past papers can't fully prepare me for unknown hard questions?
Reply 5
Bump
Flashcards are a lifesaver
Reply 7
Original post by Hiro2468
Thank you! For maths from the past papers I've done or seen, they still haven't prepared me for the harder questions that I encounter when doing mocks. What should I do when even past papers can't fully prepare me for unknown hard questions?

With maths, it’s all about knowing the method/theory then being able to apply it. So, for example, you could get a really hard question on the binomial expansion, but all it involves is expanding the expression just as you would do with a simple expression. What I’m saying is, never overlook the importance of knowing the basics, as knowing them will get you far.

Quick Reply

Latest