The Student Room Group

Signs female friends like you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SkanPad
It is easy, look for the non-verbal cues from elongated eye contact, to touching you, to playing with their hair etc. It isn't that hard. No one comes straight out and says 'I like you, let's date', this isn't school.

Maybe you should hit up some strangers and get practice before ruining your friendship?

Eye contact - friends do that and means nothing, touching- some people are touchy. Playing with hair means nothing - some do that all the time.
Original post by Anonymous
Eye contact - friends do that and means nothing, touching- some people are touchy. Playing with hair means nothing - some do that all the time.

Jesus. I was talking at a basic level. Like have you ever had any romantic success? It sounds like you've not. Stop making excuses and shoot your shot.
Original post by SkanPad
Jesus. I was talking at a basic level. Like have you ever had any romantic success? It sounds like you've not. Stop making excuses and shoot your shot.

No. I don’t see what’s wrong with asking friends. They either say yes or no then move on.

Like others are saying, just go for it! If she doesn't feel the same then you can move on. You're not doing yourself any favour by delaying it and second-guessing. Life is too short.

Yes it's easier said than done but honestly you'll feel much better in the long term by asking her out asap no matter the outcome.
Original post by SkanPad
Don't hit up female friends. If you can't tell she's interested, she's most likely not. It's incredible easy to spot.

Hit the gym, read The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi and dress well. Eventually, you'll have the confidence to grab a girl and just kiss her out of nowhere and you'll stop worrying if a friend likes you like a sissy.

thats so accurate.
Like others are saying, just go for it! If she doesn't feel the same then you can move on. You're not doing yourself any favour by delaying it and second-guessing. Life is too short.

Yes it's easier said than done but honestly you'll feel much better in the long term by asking her out asap no matter the outcome.

i think this is so true and OP you've clearly thought about this for along time so you would regret it if you didn't ever know the outcome
Original post by Driftway
i think this is so true and OP you've clearly thought about this for along time so you would regret it if you didn't ever know the outcome

I just don’t want to come across as the guy who used friendship to try and get into her pants. I genuinely like her as a friend too.
I’m seeing her at a mulled wine festival tomorrow. Problem is people tell me generally when you confess feelings or ask friends out, they reject you. So what’s the correct way to go about this?
We’ve known each other 3 years but I was never that close to her before, she was just in the circle of friends and I occasionally spoke to her. In a group, she talks to me over any other guy and sometimes seems like she’s following me even if I’m taking to others. She tries to butt in the conversation too. If I ask if she wants to do something she won’t say no unless she’s thinking of seeing her parents or siblings then. If she’s not keen on something she’ll say so but might do it anyway. She laughs at my jokes and if I make prolonged eye contact, she’ll maintain it for 5 seconds then look away. She asks me lots of questions and tells me everything too. But confused because she rarely texts me first and never initiates plans with me.

Well shes shy so why would she? If she was a really outgoing confident girl maybe but shy ones wont initiate plans with you even if they like you nor will they text you first.
I’m seeing her at a mulled wine festival tomorrow. Problem is people tell me generally when you confess feelings or ask friends out, they reject you. So what’s the correct way to go about this?

Well ask her out no balls when its just you and her there. Make sure it's just you and her and if she rejects you at least you dont have to waste anymore time thinking about her but from what you have said she sounds like she deffo likes you.
Well ask her out no balls when its just you and her there. Make sure it's just you and her and if she rejects you at least you dont have to waste anymore time thinking about her but from what you have said she sounds like she deffo likes you.

I can’t tell. But someone said that’s silly because what you’re doing is pretty much dating in all but name.
This might sound silly but I was enjoying her company so much and having a good time on Sunday when we went to a mulled wine festival that I felt like I didn’t want to make it awkward by asking her out. We had a good laugh, had lunch too and swapped Christmas cards.
They know your name.
Just kidding, ask
All the online material (articles, videos etc) say if you blurt out feelings or ask a female friend out, you’re almost guaranteed to get rejected. Because generally when a guy develops feelings for a female friend, she doesn’t see it that way at all. Women apparently show more affection in friendships than men do and men often misinterpret this as her wanting more than friendship. On the other hand, women often misinterpret men’s signs of interest as nothing more than friendliness.
I was thinking of asking her on New Year’s Eve. Or texting her “Hey, I know we’re friends but I’ve really enjoyed spending time with you recently and although I may have misread, have felt at times like there might be more between us. I would love to take you on a date in the new year if you’d be interested. I really value our friendship and hope we can remain friends whatever the answer.” What do people think?
I was thinking of asking her on New Year’s Eve. Or texting her “Hey, I know we’re friends but I’ve really enjoyed spending time with you recently and although I may have misread, have felt at times like there might be more between us. I would love to take you on a date in the new year if you’d be interested. I really value our friendship and hope we can remain friends whatever the answer.” What do people think?

Don't.
Original post by SkanPad
Don't.

So what should I do? Carry on being friends with her and hide my feelings?
So what should I do? Carry on being friends with her and hide my feelings?

Yes. Read Rollo Tomassi - The Rational Male and get out there. It'll be better for you and keep her as a solid.
Original post by SkanPad
Yes. Read Rollo Tomassi - The Rational Male and get out there. It'll be better for you and keep her as a solid.

I never liked her before. I started liking her after spending more time with her and after she started showing signs of liking me and mutual friends backed this up. Should I still hide it?
I never liked her before. I started liking her after spending more time with her and after she started showing signs of liking me and mutual friends backed this up. Should I still hide it?

You need to tell her. The longer you keep it to yourself the more nervous you will feel. If she really is your friend, even if she doesn't feel the same way you do about her, she will value your feelings and I'm sure you'd both still be friends after. You keep putting it off again and again and you'll never do it, so go out there girl, I know you've got what it takes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending